Remove manual shifter trim piece on 97 for Speed-Cal

boss281

Reaction score
I'm going to put in my Speed-Cal in today, and the written instructions discuss access around the shifter through a manual tranny shift boot. Well, I have an automatic. When I called Dallas Mustang on Friday, no one there claimed to have ever done this on a sn95 with automatic transmission, and didn't have a clue how the trim pieces around the shifter handle were secured. I don't see any kind of separate fasteners (screws or plastic inserts) so I ASSUME that I can just pop some of the pieces off with some elbow grease. Before I do something stupid and break the trim, has anyone done this and know where the popoff points are? Thanks.

John

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
It just pops off. I use the SC with an auto with no probs. Ive had it for a year and a half now with no probs.

blackfang

Reaction score
It should pop it off like any other. Outlaw beat me to it.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
haha, that's funny. Mine's an auto, and I did it in 98.

I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole and put a grommet in it, ran the wire through.
Right side of the hole if I remember right.

Just run it under the shifter then throught the floorpan there.
The module tucks in the space under the center colsole, at least that's where mine is.

OP
OP
B

boss281

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
haha, that's funny. Mine's an auto, and I did it in 98.

I just drilled a 1/4 inch hole and put a grommet in it, ran the wire through.
Right side of the hole if I remember right.

Just run it under the shifter then throught the floorpan there.
The module tucks in the space under the center colsole, at least that's where mine is.

Great minds think alike. The manual tranny provides some space to run the speed cal cabling to the transmission, but not so the automatic. I pulled the whole center console off just to get the room to look around, and decided that drilling a hole is easier. Dallas Mustang was no real help with the automatic, which surprised me given the positive responses about the company I've received here about their customer support. They were nice enough about it, bu I was told "sorry, no one here has installed the speed cal on an automatic...". Huh?

Whatever works though. Thanks.

John

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online