removing cambor/castor plates?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I need to take these off to paint under them. Is there anything to know other then remove all the nuts on the top? I just want to make sure that its not under compression or something with my airbag setup and that as the last bolt comes out it isn't going to shoot me/something across the garage?

RichV

Reaction score
No. Remove, or just compress front struts, remove the plates. Not sure if stock or aftermarket but label parts/hardware for driver/passenger side. Maybe snap a pic of each to make sure you put them back together right. Also try and get them together close to before settings so you can drive to the alignment shop later.

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I'm not sure if your year is the same as my '04, but I would assume they are aftermarket Caster/Camber plates as on mine, the factory ones had to be drilled out to be removed.

Just make sure you put pressure under the control arm, to put pressure on the struts. To get the top nut off of the strut, you will have to either have an impact wrench, or manage to hold the strut shaft at the same time as trying to loosen the top nut. It is a pain in the ass, I recently installed my aftermarket Caster/Camber plates without an impact wrench and won't do it again, I went out and bought one. haha.

Make sure you mark where they're adjusted now, so you can get it to the alignment shop after you re-install. Do not release pressure on the control arm until after you have reinstalled the top strut nut. :thumbsup:

Again, I'm talking about an '04 New Edge, so I'm not even sure any of this is relevant to you. haha.

Here's a quick pic of what they look like on a New Edge:

photo11.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.