Removing Door Guards

CrystalWhite

Reaction score
Hey new user here, I used to spend most of my time on a foxbody forum and figured I'd make it over this way. My SN has these stupid looking door guards that I am pretty sure are a Canadian/Northern US thing. As far as I can tell its the original paint and they have never been off. I am just wondering if anyone has had success removing these and not messing up the paint or having faded spots.

Here's the guards I'm talking about:
M04_zpse2a8b931.jpg

Also, I am trying to figure out how much the PO dropped the car. Would anyone be able to venture a guess?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!
Make sure to make an intro thread!
http://www.sn95forums.com/forumdisplay.php?28-Introductions-Rules-and-User-Tips

I don't think the door dildos were canadian things, just an ad on by a dealership or rental company.

Anyways, they're suppose to be easy to come off, but since your car is white... it'd be scared. I feel if you tried to take them off it would trigger the waffle size paint flake, which will likely happen anyways lol. White looks so good though :(

I believe they're just double sided taped on, take a heat gun to them and floss or something.

OP
OP
C

CrystalWhite

Reaction score
I always figured they were a factory option because of the color matching. My biggest fear is messing up the paint...is the white paint known for flaking off or something?

RichV

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't think they look that horrible?

I wouldn't add them on, but if my car had them they wouldn't bug me enough to want to remove them. The New Edge ones do not look good tho.

Clean GT BTW.

OP
OP
C

CrystalWhite

Reaction score
I've been living with them for a few years, but they've always been bothering me. I find it messes with the line that runs down the whole side of the car. I agree its better than the New Edge ones smack in the middle of a flat door.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If the paint is original, it will flake eventually. Its the curse of crystal white unfortunately :(

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
50e694d1b002d28620b3315be9ebad05.jpg

Yes, unfortunately, your paint will eventually flake off (mainly if chipped or otherwise disturbed) unless your car has been meticulously cared for and sheltered.

Otherwise..... :deeplist:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

CrystalWhite

Reaction score
50e694d1b002d28620b3315be9ebad05.jpg

Yes, unfortunately, your paint will eventually flake off (mainly if chipped or otherwise disturbed) unless your car has been meticulously cared for and sheltered.

Otherwise..... :deeplist:

That's a little disturbing to see... It's a one owner(before me) with ~40k, so hopefully that gives me a little bit of extra time before that happens.

Also, what spring kit are you running? That's a nice stance

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You should be just fine, keep up the detailing maintenance!!

Thanks!! My 95 GT has BBK specific rate springs (1.5" drop I believe) and also a QA1 k-member (which dropped the front at least an inch)

2415c80894dc4e81277c61f1d6941f55.jpg

My 98 GT has 2" drop coils.

99a86dd9ddd6e818d6745a2e225f9456.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online