Removing Mold & Mildew on Paint & Headlights

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My car was sitting for alittle over a year and when i was washing it yesterday i noticed what i thought was sap to actually be mold :eek: It wasn't coming off with the regular super soft wash glove i use so i switched to a rougher one and that worked but there is still some in the cracks/crevices of the headlights etc...is there anything i can use to help me break this up without damaging my paint. I use a Bleach and Water mix on my house but i don't want to put that on my car.

Suggestions detail guru's...

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wow nobody has a tip for me :'(
looks like more scrubbing for me this weekend.

wytstang

Reaction score
What soap are you using? Maybe for the sake of removing mold using a dish washing liquid maybe needed. Just reapply wax to that area.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I use Meguires Gel Soap(super suds) but i was thinking of using dish soap since i'll be claying waxing etc this weekend.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mix dish soap with your megiuires wash? Dilute some degreaser or osmething? I dunno

ANG

Reaction score
dilute some simple green with water like a 1:3 ratio and scrub with a wash cloth. should work, Ive seen it work on boats.

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm Simple Green, i use it all the time and in my engine bay and didn't think of using it for this.

Thanks Angie O0

OP
OP
DropTopPony

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My paint doesn't need compound :hammer:

The mold is surface material and came off the flat spots with some effort but its in the cracks and crevices of the lights etc so i was hoping there was some time of chemical cleaner solution (other then bleach) that would brake it down and i could just blast it with water to remove but i guess not. I'll just use an old toothbrush to get into the areas my cleaning mit/glove can't get to.

S

scarface

compound the cracks! gosh, some people are never happy...lol

9psi 98

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
wow nobody has a tip for me :'(
looks like more scrubbing for me this weekend.

I actually used Mr. Clean and water to clean my door jambs/hinges last weekend. No residue, and it cut through all of the crap. I figure there is mold in some showers...give it a shot, it didn't hurt my paint at all. 8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online