Removing stock radio

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Lower din CD player..... removal tool can't spread enough to engage..... need to remove bezel....

Any pointers?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
what tool are you using? i think i made one from a wire coat hanger. pulled it right out.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've used the painstaking 4 screwdriver method.

I've also managed to just undo the 2 bolts under the unit and pull the whole thing out (if the bolt in the dash is undone already because it somehow got lost ;p )

Are you using the actual tool from the parts store?

OP
OP
D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yes the little u shaped tool.... my coat hanger was too flimsy.... I can't pull the radio out with the bezel, all bolts are out its stuck like a mofo

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
sometimes the spring clips get bent back the wrong way and its just impossible to get the removal tool on the right side to make them release. At that point there are two screws above the radio, and one in the back of the dash that hold that front panel in place. If you can't remove the radio you will either need to break off that last screw behind the dash, or you will need to break the radios face off. Neither one is a big deal, just pull the dash straight out and the screw mount will snap off or stick a screw driver into the holes the removal tools are supposed to go in and then pry it up/down till it breaks off.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I had a similiar issue, i just jammed the tool in and forced it out. Wasnt going to use the stock radio anyway soo why be worried lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online