Removing stuck bolt

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So im trying to remove a very SIMPLE bolt thats attached to plastic. Only issue is its stuck and the plastic around the fuse box is breaking off.
How the heck do i remove this bolt without having to buy a new fuse box in the end??

I already PB blaster soaked it overnight and i just tried the heat method.

its the one that attaches to the fuse box:

Ignore my dirt.
262m5ox.jpg

slow90coupe

Reaction score
That bolt is no fun. I know mine was hella tight and I just barely got it out without snapping the box. Try bracing the box with vice grips to limit breakage and break that ***** loose would be what I'd do.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Use some WD40 and/or penetrating oil. Others have suggested in the past using an impact gun, while holding a screw driver behind the bracket to get it to come lose.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So much for one little simple bolt. Alright thanks guys. Ill post back when i break this thing lol.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Alright the fuse box is pretty much broke. WTF did Ford put that bolt on intending for it never to be removed????????

How bad would it be if i added wire onto the (+) short wire and soldered it so its longer and can reach the battery? I really wanted a complete wire for that but the way its look now is not good.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pretty sure if you removed the fuse box its a lot easier or I don't remember it being a problem on mine.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I soldered a 4awg extension on that short wire and taped it up. Not what I wanted to do to end this project. I'll have to try a impact when I get to a buddies garage.

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online