Renting a Mustang at 24

punched281

Reaction score
Sup guys, so just wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Me and my woman are getting married next year and we both have Mustang Week on the top of our bucket list. It would be too much pressure for us to get my hoopdy in a condition to drive it from Colorado to Myrtle Beach. We both thought it would be really cool to rent a GT for the week. Unfortunately I will be 24, and finding it difficult to even find a company who will even show the options for a GT for an underaged person.

Any know of a way to get around this? My record is clean, I've never even pulled over before so I find this frustrating! Although I do understand why there are rules..

Thanks guys

ProKiller

Reaction score
new v6's are pretty sweet and you might have better luck with renting that instead.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Might be able to have an older relative rent it & list you as a second driver....but maybe not either...it is rough to do I know! Good luck!

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
We went through a few sites and found some v6's, which would be better than nothing, and will be around 500 for the week. I think. Now the bad ass hertz car quoted 1400 haha.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Might be able to have an older relative rent it & list you as a second driver....but maybe not either...it is rough to do I know! Good luck!

This ^

Have someone else rent it and just drive it around yourself. Just don't get pulled over or do any stupid shit.
I would rather take my chances having someone else rent it than pulling up to Mustang Week in a V6 in celebration for you marriage. Go big or go home.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
HAHA^ speaking of go big, we are trying to talk ourselves into selling the talon we have and buying a mustang to drive there.

But yea, I just don't thing my parents or her parents are willing to do that. If we go through USAA it waves the underage fee's and a few other fee's. I would love to get into a GT, but getting quotes on websites is turning into a pain.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
from my experience they're just going add an insurance surcharge to the transaction....

RichV

Reaction score
I wasn't aware of any age restrictions on rental cars. Back when I was young it was tough renting if you didn't have a CC. Not age.

Guess times change.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To my knowledge you have to be 24 to even drive a rental. I didn't know you'd have difficulty renting once you are 24.

This thread is very disappointing to me... so I have to wait longer if I want to rent a cool car on a vacation.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
To my knowledge you have to be 24 to even drive a rental. I didn't know you'd have difficulty renting once you are 24.

This thread is very disappointing to me... so I have to wait longer if I want to rent a cool car on a vacation.

So I called today and talked to a rep at Hertz about renting a mustang from their Adrenaline collection. I told her I would be just shy of 25. She said, just the surcharge would apply. So I then told her my Fiance is a member of USAA, so we will be going through them (as she will be my wife as of two days before this) and the USAA waves the surcharges!

So now the trouble is finding the damn car in a location that is some what drivable to myrtle...

Kboss87

Reaction score
So I called today and talked to a rep at Hertz about renting a mustang from their Adrenaline collection. I told her I would be just shy of 25. She said, just the surcharge would apply. So I then told her my Fiance is a member of USAA, so we will be going through them (as she will be my wife as of two days before this) and the USAA waves the surcharges!

So now the trouble is finding the damn car in a location that is some what drivable to myrtle...

There you go! Get something cool and give yourself a little distance to drive so you can enjoy it!

lutter94

Reaction score
You're renting this?? Nice work.

Hertz-Penske-GT-10-lg.jpg

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
You're renting this?? Nice work.

Hertz-Penske-GT-10-lg.jpg

This was 1400 for 5 days, I wish I was!

I called around some more, and I haven't been able to reserve that exact car. They said they can make sure a car in that class is there on those dates, but can't specifically reserve that car.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

maybe in Canada. but no here in 'Murrica. This is the land of freedom -- of rental car FREEDOM.

I'm so smart it terrifies me sometimes....

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
maybe in Canada. but no here in 'Murrica. This is the land of freedom -- of rental car FREEDOM.

I'm so smart it terrifies me sometimes....

Yea, but it is turning into a cluster F***.. can't really reserve that exact car. I can reserve a car in that class and hope its a Ford not a Chevy shit box

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online