replacement distributor for a 1995 - 5.0 GT

surreyman

Reaction score
My 95 GT (a classic car that I do not drive regularly) intermittently stalls out when hot and when it cools down it starts back up. I have read that this is a somewhat common problem and can be traced to a failing pip (ignition pickup) in the distributor and that it is easier to replace the distributor rather than to rebuild the old one. The distributor/pip is the originally one and is 25 years old. Does anyone have any recommendations on a replacement distributor of reasonable cost that I can swap out with the old one?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
O’Reilly Autoparts has the most reliable replacement. Be careful getting parts off of Amazon.

Several of us who’ve had our cars for many many years have gone that route with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
stay away from the high powered msd billet stuff it isn't any better. I had to swap mine because of the holley hp and I think I still have the stock one if I dig around and your interested.

OP
OP
S

surreyman

Reaction score
Many thanks to all for all your replies. EVILCW311: I don't have an O'reilly autoparts where I live but I looked on line to see what they carry and may go from there. I did check Rockauto and they have similar brands as O'reilly. I have ordered from Rockauto before and find that they are a decent place to order from and their prices are pretty good. I am looking at the Spectra Premium FD22 sold by O'Reilly and by Rockauto and think I may go that route. I have had Spectra radiators for 2 of my vehicles and they have been good. I will stay away from the msd billet as ttocs recommends. ttocs: if the FD22 does not work out I most likely will be in touch to see about your stock one you might still have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.