Replacement P.O.S 2.0

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Yes I think it was, pretty sure it was after tuning the key and then the dash going dead. So now what do I do if it's tripped?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can turn it off with a sct tuner or a snap on scanner is hoe I usually do it .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
would it run with all of maf/o2s disconnected? If it were pats shouldn't it crank, start and then shut down right away? Have you tried giving the starter a thump?

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
would it run with all of maf/o2s disconnected? If it were pats shouldn't it crank, start and then shut down right away? Have you tried giving the starter a thump?
The path I went down this afternoon, I jumped the starter relay in the fuse box and same noise and result, don't think it's PATS. Seems to be mechanical at the starter, the solenoid kicks but starter not turning. I turned the engine a bit by hand just to make sure it was free. So decided to take out the starter, still working on trying to get the top bolt loose, what a poor engineering choice that location is. Good thing no exhaust is hooked up but still no room to get any thing bigger in there or get any torque on the little 13mm wrench.

Forgot about thumping the starter with a hammer, thanks I'll try that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You saved that car from terrible wheels, exhaust, and lots of vape smoke and monster cans lol The blue one is clean though nice find, what did it run you to get the blue one?

Last edited:
OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

The problem is the starter motor. I've been banging on it this morning and one point just jumpering the starter relay I got it to turn over the motor, then when I went to start with the key just the solenoid clunk more banging on it got it turn over again several times, turned on the key and the engine started and ran. Success finally, now to add coolant, tranny fluid and brake fluid. Hook up exhaust and drive shaft, drive it out of the shop! After all that I think I'll be done with it this year and finish it next spring, I have other projects to get done before winter.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Yesterday morning my neighbor came over and helped me bleed the master cylinder and brakes. I did a few more things later and then took it for a drive around the neighborhood. Right now I have an issue with the clutch, the engagement is way at the top and if I give it power after I'm moving it will slip. So I need to mess around with the clutch cable adjustment I think. Still have a starter issue, so need to deal with that also. Other then that it runs and drives great. I have more to do on it in the interior/ stereo and of course some rust repair and paint clean up.

IMG_4824.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yesterday morning my neighbor came over and helped me bleed the master cylinder and brakes. I did a few more things later and then took it for a drive around the neighborhood. Right now I have an issue with the clutch, the engagement is way at the top and if I give it power after I'm moving it will slip. So I need to mess around with the clutch cable adjustment I think. Still have a starter issue, so need to deal with that also. Other then that it runs and drives great. I have more to do on it in the interior/ stereo and of course some rust repair and paint clean up.

View attachment 28738

View attachment 28739
Does it still have the stock pedal quadrant in it? Mine did that a long time ago and it was something with the stock adjustment on the pedal. I had to replace it with an aluminum quadrant.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Yes stock quadrant, its the entire pedal assembly from the other car which worked fine with this transmission/ clutch. I did use the clutch cable that came with this car.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Yes stock quadrant, its the entire pedal assembly from the other car which worked fine with this transmission/ clutch. I did use the clutch cable that came with this car.
In moving it, the stock adjustment might have gotten out of whack. That’s what happened to mine. If you get under the dash and reset the adjustment arm, then pull upward on the clutch pedal, it might get everything back in line.

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
I got the clutch cable adjusted with the stock quadrant, it had clicked into max tight before I had hooked it into the fork. Got most of the stockish exhaust all hooked up and over the rear axles, just need to extend both sides towards the bumper and maybe put turn downs on it. Took it for a little drive tonight and got up to highway speed, other then alignment it ran good.

IMG_4850.JPG

OP
OP
KJ-00-GT

KJ-00-GT

Reaction score
Since the last post the car has been driven a couple of times, very fun car and don't even have the coilovers on it yet. Think the engine is better than the blue GT's. Since it has been sitting most of the time the rear passenger brake caliper started leaking, replaced it with the one I took off the the crashed car. My brother and I couldn't get a solid pedal after replacement, so I bought a power brake bleeder and took just minutes to get all the air out of the line. Wish I had bought one of these a long time ago.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Since the last post the car has been driven a couple of times, very fun car and don't even have the coilovers on it yet. Think the engine is better than the blue GT's. Since it has been sitting most of the time the rear passenger brake caliper started leaking, replaced it with the one I took off the the crashed car. My brother and I couldn't get a solid pedal after replacement, so I bought a power brake bleeder and took just minutes to get all the air out of the line. Wish I had bought one of these a long time ago.

nice. I wanna get one of those I’m always asking the wife to give me a hand bleeding brakes lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online