Replacing the fuel filter...

95 BLOWN GT

Reaction score
change it every year or 12000 miles. motorcraft is a good filter.and +1 on opening the fuel cap for pressure release.

caseypayne69

Reaction score
95 BLOWN GT said:
change it every year or 12000 miles. motorcraft is a good filter.and +1 on opening the fuel cap for pressure release.
Hey, Blown are those standard clear headlights on your car? I like it.

BlueDemon

Reaction score
I change it every year. You should need a disconnecting tool( $6-$7). Its located between the fuel tank and differential, and before you remove any lines, make sure you take the fuel cap off for a few seconds, if not, pressurized fuel will keep squirting for a long time!

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
94-95 doesnt need any tools. Its held on by some dinky plastic clips. When i say dinky... i mean little small plastic clips.......

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
We never "take the gas cap off" for pressure release in the shop. Maybe it's because we have the vehicles on hoists with buckets to catch the fuel, but we just disconnect, take out filter out, slide new one in, and reconnect. I will be doing mine in my stang in spring, it's been 3 years which probably isn't good :p. Also, Motorcraft>>>All. NEVER buy fram crap, terrible, terrible products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995