Replacing the ole' Pro 5.0 Shifter

TheBab

Reaction score
with...

mustang_shifter_3650.jpg

It should be in around Monday or Tuesday.

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Hopefully it's a little less knotchy..

Out of no where I couldn't get the car into 3rd or 4th without very little grinding.

I'd be worried about the syncros but the 3rd and 4th BOTH started doing it at the same time.... so I think I just need to adjust the shifter.. but I decided to upgrade to a mgw anyhow.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
sweet where did you get it and what did you pay for it? if you havent bought it yet i have a place you might be able to get it cheap from

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
TheBab said:
Hopefully it's a little less knotchy..

Out of no where I couldn't get the car into 3rd or 4th without very little grinding.

I'd be worried about the syncros but the 3rd and 4th BOTH started doing it at the same time.... so I think I just need to adjust the shifter.. but I decided to upgrade to a mgw anyhow.

ITS NOT notchy, but its sniff

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
umm my steeda triax shifter is starting to get hard to put into like all gears lol...?

S

scarface

yeah whats did you pay for it and where? Im looking for one myself :)

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
the only reason it should be getting hard is if it isnt getting enough fluid from the transmission. transmission fluid is what lubes your shifter. its naturally gonna get harder when the temperature gets colder. if its cold where you are thats why its getting harder to shift

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
I told a guy on svtp $100 shipped for the pro 5.0

BTW I bought the MGW from MGWLTD... it was like $220 shipped 2nd day air with the new boot and the radio silver knob... :D

G

GREG@SN95

huh.... I swear by pro5.0

sure it just didnt need adjusting?

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

I am sure it could be adjusted and fixed..... but I am not a fan of how knotchy the shifter is anyhow.... so I bought a new one. :thumb:

G

GREG@SN95

TheBab said:
GREG@SN95 said:

I am sure it could be adjusted and fixed..... but I am not a fan of how knotchy the shifter is anyhow.... so I bought a new one. :thumb:

what do you mean by knotchy?

Mine was very smooth... never grinded, never missed a gear... I could fly through shift points better then I can tie my shoes... :dunno:

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
TheBab said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Mine was very smooth... never grinded, never missed a gear... I could fly through shift points better then I can tie my shoes... :dunno:

It's just a knotchy shifter.. you might not recognize it anymore cause you're use to it...

Have you driven a stang with a MGW in it?

Everyone has their personal preferences.... but IMO the MGW is like the Mercedes of Shiters. :hitit:

G

GREG@SN95

TheBab said:
GREG@SN95 said:
TheBab said:
GREG@SN95 said:

It's just a knotchy shifter.. you might not recognize it anymore cause you're use to it...

Have you driven a stang with a MGW in it?

Everyone has their personal preferences.... but IMO the MGW is like the Mercedes of Shiters. :hitit:

Yes... I actually liked the pro5.0 a little bit better then the MGW...

But MGW is a great shifter... so good for you :bunny3:

ripper

Reaction score
I gotta pull my boot off and see what shifter i got. Im thinkin its a pro 50 but not sure. It was on the car when i bought it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online