Replacing vacum lines

cobra4978

Reaction score
Has anybody ever replace vacum lines before? when we swapped out the intakes on my car we broke the one leading to the EGR and another one we did a quick fix with some electrical tape which seems to work for right now but they just keep falling apart i was just wondering if anybody ever replaced any before and how hard it is to do it? anything would help

G

GREG@SN95

cobra4978 said:
Has anybody ever replace vacum lines before? when we swapped out the intakes on my car we broke the one leading to the EGR and another one we did a quick fix with some electrical tape which seems to work for right now but they just keep falling apart i was just wondering if anybody ever replaced any before and how hard it is to do it? anything would help

lol... yeah... its very easy...

Depends on the line, there may be a clamp ya'll need to squeeze with plyers... they just pop right off...

Its not hard to do or figure out...
lol

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i believe the lines he is talking about are the hard plastic lines. They are red and green. I broke mine during the whole painting of my intake ordeal. (30 degree weather + plastic=snapping). i think you can just use some 1/8 inch vacuum hose. I got to stop and get some monday because i just had some bigger hose laying around and jimmy rigged it for the time being.

OP
OP
C

cobra4978

Reaction score
Yeah those are the ones i'm talkin about meangrn i traced them down as far as i could but i'm not sure how they hook up or where they end at all if you do fix yours be sure and tell how it went. thanks!

ryclef331

Reaction score
They run into the passneger fenders. Just rip the old ones off, and get some bulk rubber vaccum line at the parts store (you buy it by the foot) and put that on. There isn't anything to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online