ReplicaR's Time Trial Mustang build *Engine Rebuild*

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
10 months the motor has been out, still no progress. I'm starting to suspect that this thing will never drive under its own power again. Looking more and more like Forza Horizon Barn Find every day now.

IqlVfab.jpg

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
What’s the hold up?
The machine guy doesn't have enough people and he will personally finish it this will. This story for past half a year. Translation for normal person: your build isn't important to me, I've got other shops waiting on their stuff, and I'll bump you down indefinitely to take care of more important clients

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
The machine guy doesn't have enough people and he will personally finish it this will. This story for past half a year. Translation for normal person: your build isn't important to me, I've got other shops waiting on their stuff, and I'll bump you down indefinitely to take care of more important clients
I hope that’s not truly the case. I know at our shop, we get caught up in a bunch of crap and the simple jobs seem to take forever to get completed. Not that we don’t care or we want to finish other folks first, just time gets away from us. I’m really hoping that’s the case here as well. I’m sorry to hear that though.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sounds accurate . Machine shops out my way the waits are so long it makes me sick .

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

Man that’s shitty but unfortunately not uncommon. That’s exactly why my car sat idly by for the first few years when I started the 351w project.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I hope that’s not truly the case. I know at our shop, we get caught up in a bunch of crap and the simple jobs seem to take forever to get completed. Not that we don’t care or we want to finish other folks first, just time gets away from us. I’m really hoping that’s the case here as well. I’m sorry to hear that though.
What I can tell the owner to get through to him? Is there something you would recommend that would give my project some higher priority?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I learned long ago not to EVER say that "it is no big deal, I am in no rush...." as that is the kiss of death in a LOT of shops. I ask when they expect they can finish it and I will leave them alone till that day and if I don't hear from them they will hear from me.

Tillerman77

Reaction score
I learned long ago not to EVER say that "it is no big deal, I am in no rush...." as that is the kiss of death in a LOT of shops. I ask when they expect they can finish it and I will leave them alone till that day and if I don't hear from them they will hear from me.
+1, your money is just as good as the next guy's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Called again, told them I've got a deadline for June 25, was promised that engine will be delivered on Friday. What do we say, late October, 2024?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Man that sucks
If you were closer I would have it in and out about 2 to 3 weeks
I find it some places are just lazy
And excuses for everything
There are about 2 machine shop in my area I can count on

I am about to do 2 302 engines for some people that need some help
I will be sending it in to a shop

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Called again, told them I've got a deadline for June 25, was promised that engine will be delivered on Friday. What do we say, late October, 2024?

I don’t think I want to guess so I’ll say:

Best of luck!!! I can’t wait to see this together again and beating up on newer cars <3

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Now the engine being delivered is that going to be after machining or are they saying fuck you and dropping off your stuff .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hopefully they keep to their word you’ve been more then patient

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
As predicted, no completed motor... but I've got some other related stuff I'll post today

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
First up, I've got a friend who's a car artist, and I've commissioned him to create a drawing of my car a few weeks ago... and here it is.

R0CNGAq.jpg

For those who are interested, you can see most of his work on his Instagram profile below:

Instagram: Jaked Up Car Art

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Secondly, some of you may know, I also build scale models for fun, pretty decent at it. I've already built my friend's Cobra for him, and I've decided to make a scale replica of my own car too. Since there was no Saleen coupe model to start with, I've crossed a Saleen Speedster from Revell with 94 GT coupe from Monogram. This will be a curbside model (no detailed engine bay or underside) mostly because it would take too much effort to replicate all that, and it won't ever be looked it, so I'm fine with just getting an accurate representation of exterior and interior this for build. So far I've only prepped the body, here is the progress:

gEmTAQ4.jpg
gZz2Fjv.jpg
xQy2vRZ.jpg
xTjVM8d.jpg
EtMrRiL.jpg
pO78ZFy.jpg
ONY9HTw.jpg
opPnK8h.jpg
7hQp04L.jpg
qYF15IG.jpg
43j7M2f.jpg
PNMhKly.jpg