ReplicaR's Time Trial Mustang build *Engine Rebuild*

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see you getting some tunes back in the car. I just replaced my stuff, I had a ten year old Sony Xplod radio with stock speakers. Just put some updated speakers in and a "modern" Pioneer head unit that doesn't have a disc drive. So far it seems millions of miles ahead of the old stuff.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Man, I just can't seem to get any luck with factory harness. The one I bought in eBay doesn't look promising, because the seller can't find it in his inventory, and might have sold already. I've got a quote from a local shop to get it done for 450 all in, I might take that route.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Man, I just can't seem to get any luck with factory harness. The one I bought in eBay doesn't look promising, because the seller can't find it in his inventory, and might have sold already. I've got a quote from a local shop to get it done for 450 all in, I might take that route.
Nvm. I messed up. Oops

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bose makes headphones too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Overpriced and not that great. JBL makes phenomenal headphones for much less that sound better.

Bose isn’t known for making great sound. Their selling point was always making a lot of sound with tiny speakers. All mid range. When I was a dealer one of the Bose reps would walk in and say “ if it’s got no highs and it’s missing the lows, then you know it’s Bose”. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStangThang

Reaction score
Couple months ago there was a guy here locally selling one, I thought about getting one, but I wasn't sure it would hook up with my harness. Sounds like the OP has that issue, but he's getting it taken care of, and that will be sweet when he gets it done. Im not to big into the car stereos, cause I like to hear my x pipe and my 44's.[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
+18 offset. Sits pretty flush in the rear, front fenders had to be pulled a tiny bit to make it work, and having -4.0 degrees of camber helps as well.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
17x10 with 275/40R17 over them. Eventually I'll be switching up to 18x10.5 with 285s on those. 17s are a dead size, no one makes a fast tire for that anymore. All of the hottest newest compounds are designed for 18s plus.

Patientzero

Reaction score
Yep. My new wheels are 18x10.5 and I plan to run 285 Hankook R-S4's. Those seem to be the go to tire for track days.

Currently running the Federal RS-RR which I may try again in the future for a track tire. Outstanding tire for the money. My current set has been outside all winter so I don't feel comfortable putting them on the track.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've been enjoying Bridgestone RE71R on my G37 for the autox. If you can manage the heat in those, they have an unbelievable amount of grip for a 200 tw tire, in my opinion easily outpacing the NT01s. For time attack format, where one lap is the king, they are excellent.

Patientzero

Reaction score
That seems to be the consensus, If I were only doing Auto X those would be at the top of my list. For untimed open track and some street driving I'll sacrifice a second or two for longevity. The less often I have to buy tires the more track days I can do. Once I'm able to start running some competitive time trials I will be giving them a second look for sure.

AStangThang

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any body that will make wheels like my factory '99 anniversary GT 17's? I would like to have a set made with an offset like the '03 cobra's, with the rear a deep dish 10.5's, and 9's on the front. I don't know anyone, you all would know better than I would.

Patientzero

Reaction score
Are you just talking about having them widened or a complete set of custom wheels? I know of a place or two that will make a set of custom wheels but you better open up the checkbook. Looking at $10k+

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online