ReplicaR's Time Trial Mustang build *Engine Rebuild*

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its all about the enclosure. a bad speaker placed in the properly designed enclosure will make more bass.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Enclosures always make a difference. That’s why the 460 sounded so good with so little as Scott said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Ok, dropped the car off at the stereo shop again, getting the floor board covered in dynamat, and 10 inch sub installed in the rear shelf, between two speakers. I've specifically asked for the car to be rattle free, so let's see what happens.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you having them build some sort or enclosure under the deck for the sub or are you trying free air?? If trying free air hopefully the sub is one that’s recommended for free air.

Be warned though, free air doesn’t always work as people think. You still have to have something to restrict air flow behind the sub or it will not work as intended.

They use to make a cloth specifically for free air subs that you’d use to make a wall directly behind it. This material if used correctly restricted the airflow like a box would but it didn’t take up space.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I got a call saying that the car is ready, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Checked out the car in person today, major difference from before. There's a very good amount of bass, although it's a fairly soft hit, not as sharp as in my Infiniti for example. Overall pretty stoked with it. I think a change of mufflers will help with a quieter cabin, because what's on the car now (10 year old bassani) is letting in a LOT of droning . I'm thinking Spintech 3000, which shouldn't impact performance much, but should get rid of that 2000 rpm drone of death

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I decided to wrap my interior in tinfoil so that aliens can't read my mind... Lol, just kidding. The floor board has been covered in Dynamat to reduce temps inside of the car, as well as sound and vibration reduction, all in efforts to make the car more steerable and enjoyable in other environments aside from race track.

bakkUw3.jpg

EORLEYp.jpg

AM93jFI.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t see dynamat written all over it so I’m calling bs!! I think your really worried about the government or aliens tried to scan your brain............. [emoji1787]

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You are correct, that's not a Dynamat brand sound deadening liner, some other brand. Funny how certain manufacturers are at the forefront of the certain segment to the point where we refer to all product by that name? Kinda how most people would say take a Xerox instead of take a photocopy, etc.

Also, Roswell was covered up, earth is flat, vaccines cause autism, [ insert other conspiracy theory nonsense here ]

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have a spare set of BBK Vari-tune adjustable I liked a lot, work well on the drone because you could adjust each one so they will not over lap and adjust for total Db. And I have a set of Ford FRPP Bulitt mufflers I am not using that are really good sounding. At idle its got that Steve McQueen rumble and perfect when you hit the RPM, but they were 750.00 a pair, yours for 400.00

I do a lot of custom TIG welding so I make up different exhaust systems and run them for 6 months and make something new..
I have a set of Edelbrock ceramics around some where??? and a set of the sound canceling bullets that work well but are loud at idle but get quite when you push them hard.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm pretty much set for the exhaust work. I am putting high flow cats on the car to clean up the gasoline smell, because after driving it for longer than 5 minutes, I smell as if I was swimming in it. I talked to Magnaflow, and they said that the highest flowing catalytic converter they have is one with 200 cell count, so that's the cat I went with. Another thing I'm doing is replacing 10 year old Bassani mufflers with a Spintech Sportsman 3000. They say that it's the quietest performance muffler they have, and it's supposed to reduce a lot of drone, so that's what I'm counting on between cats and the new mufflers.

My exhaust system has become a complete Frankenstein. BBK Short Tube Headers into Bassani downpipe into Magnaflow 18 inch resonators into Magnaflow high flow cats into Bassani X pipe into Bassani catback exhaust pipe into Spintech Sportsman 3000 muffler into Bassani tip. I should have some fun with it and replace the Bassani tip with a Borla tip, just to cover ALL brands.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Here is some of the Frankenexhaust so far, that hasn't been installed yet. SpinTech Sportsman 3000 mufflers #BaffledAF

xzBqHex.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some of the Frankenexhaust so far, that hasn't been installed yet. SpinTech Sportsman 3000 mufflers #BaffledAF

xzBqHex.jpg

So you customized a muffler?!?! That’s hardcore shit right there!!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, that's how they are off the shelf.

Well just piss on the parade while don’t ya!!! Lol

I thought by frankenexaust you had cut em up and changed stuff.

That’s what I get for not reading up far enough I guess. [emoji38]

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well just piss on the parade while don’t ya!!! Lol

I thought by frankenexaust you had cut me up and changed stuff.

That’s what I get for not reading up far enough I guess. [emoji38]

This is what happens when your pooping and reading, other then getting confused which hand to wipe with.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Also, these are going in too finally. I only commissioned these a year ago, and picked them like two weeks back, @B.mad had to keep them on the self for almost a full year lol.

60958833_2643095755773537_3424238774966550528_o.jpg

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Also, these are going in too finally. I only commissioned these a year ago, and picked them like two weeks back, @B.mad had to keep them on the self for almost a full year lol.

60958833_2643095755773537_3424238774966550528_o.jpg
Sweet! Were the cores Eagle Eyes?

Please show them when you get them on the car along with lighting impressions on the road.

OP
OP
R

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Yes, Eagle eyes housing, had them in the past, really liked them. I'll take some nighttime pictures