Reprogram Keyless Entry Remotes

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I got my 94 GT with only a broken key thta I had to get a copy of and I was perfectly fine with just a key. Then I came across mybrother in laws keyless netry remote to his 98 GT thta was totalled but worked until then. SO I researched how to reprogram it for mine and this is it: (easy like 5 minutes)
1. Open trunk and remove the trim on the drivers side until you see a box that says anti theft on it..
2.Turn the igniton to the ON/ACC position
3. Find the plug with 2 terminals and nothing going to it. Its the only plug there with nothing connected to it.
4. Using a jumped wire connect those 2 terminals....you'll hear the door locks either lock or unlock....that means its ready to be programmed.
5. Press unlock or lock on the remote a few times until your door locks start to work.
6. BAM you got keyless entry.
I wasn't really interested in having keyless entry at first but it is a cool thing to have. This is so easy to do I was surprised.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I figured at least 2 since thats what they'd come with if you bought one from a dealer right? who would need 6???? but thats a good thing to know.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I just raided a junkyard for them, I was willing to give the guy $5.00 for them but he said just take em for free.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Hell yea, that guy has hooked me up with all kinds of good stuff.

S

scarface

How do you find out if your car came with this from the factory?

St33da

Reaction score
scarface said:
How do you find out if your car came with this from the factory?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all GT's with the exception of the GTS came with it. Remove the pannel in your trunk like you are going to access your tail lights, then on the drivers side you should see a small box that says anti-theft on it. If you see that, then your car has it.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
I thought that too,but mine is on the back side of that bracket.Try doing whats in the 1st post here and see if it works.I took mine all the way out before I figured it out, you should be able to see a couple of harnesses going behind the black plastic bracket so you dont have to do it the hard way.The kind oe remote you need is the same ones they used on the Tauruses so they should be easy to find, you need the one that reads like this on the back: FCC ID:GQ43VT4T and TRW:3165189.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Holy digging up old topics Batman,I just noticed the date on the last post.... :hammer:Well anyway I was diggin through and found it and it helped me,so this place is still #1 in my book.

S

scarface

Hybridbird said:
Holy digging up old topics Batman,I just noticed the date on the last post.... :hammer:Well anyway I was diggin through and found it and it helped me,so this place is still #1 in my book.
lol! yep its old...I dont even own that car anymore!!! :)

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
I got one from the junk yard, but it must be the wrong one I guess cause it no worky for me :comando:

FUK_N_JUNK

Reaction score
I just got 2 new remotes off ebay, and this worked flawlessly!!! Thanks for saving me $50 from the dealer cost on the programming.

This site is the greatest thing since sliced bread :banana:

mellor_21

Reaction score
this deserves a bump. i paid 130 for a new set of keys and to program them. damn.

blackpony

Reaction score
will the pads from 99-04 cars work? dont they have a button for the trunk? i hate having to hold down the unlock button to pop the trunk....lol

97ponygt

Reaction score
I've got a black bag with insulation in it instead of all that other stuff. Is it always that big or can it be smaller? My car has everything but that and a rear defroster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online