Reprogram Keyless Entry Remotes

cooper1320

Reaction score
when i use a jumped wire connect those 2 terminals do i leave them connected?? or not??

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Make sure the key is ON position, if you jump it right, you will hear the doors lock or unlock,after that you have 20 seconds to press any key on the key fob.

cooper1320

Reaction score
Javi said:
Make sure the key is ON position, if you jump it right, you will hear the doors lock or unlock,after that you have 20 seconds to press any key on the key fob.

ok, but do i leave the jump wire connected?? or after it makes the lock/unlock noise do i remove the jump wire??

Mustanger

Reaction score
GearGambler said:
i didnt have the module in my trunk. has anyone added it when it didnt exist?

I tried on mine but there is not even a wiring harness for it! So if it didn't come from Ford with it it's not feasible to add keyless entry modules. I am just going to go buy a good alarm system & use that keyless entry! I want an aklarm anyway.

(Anybody need a remote key fob or the keyless electronics module? I have them...LOL)

Win

Legend
Reaction score
cooper1320 said:
Javi said:

Program how ever many remotes before you remove the jumper wire.

ok, but do i leave the jump wire connected?? or after it makes the lock/unlock noise do i remove the jump wire??

1/4_horse

Reaction score
ive got a old FOB from my 95 t-bird it has the code FCC ID:GQ43VT4T on the back will it work with my 98 gt??? oh and what the ffff is a jumped wire???

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure as i think the 98 program method is different.
is something related to turning the key off and on several times, then pressing a key fob button.

1/4_horse

Reaction score
yea i know of the on/off method.....when i worked at the ford dealiership on the newer ones you turn the key to the on position then off again like 9 or 10 times or untill you hear the car lock or unlock then just press the lock/unlock button and it should be programmed......i thought that was only on the NEWER model cars though..... ill try it ....it never crossed my mind ..always thought my car was too old...

1/4_horse

Reaction score
thank......jesus....i love this place...its like heaven sent for sn owners...almost feels illegal....like limewire..... :notworthy: :angel4:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
Javi said:
not sure as i think the 98 program method is different.
is something related to turning the key off and on several times, then pressing a key fob button.

the 98 method is the same as the 94-97.
99-present uses the "turnig key 8 times" mehtod

i couldnt remember as the 96-98 have the PATS. thanks :)

302N20

Reaction score
My 95gt has ac, pwr doors, pwr windows, defrost, spoiler, foglights, but I can't find that box in my 1/4 panel. Has anyone run into this with their GT? I thought they all were suppose to have this box.

Mustanger

Reaction score
302N20 said:
My 95gt has ac, pwr doors, pwr windows, defrost, spoiler, foglights, but I can't find that box in my 1/4 panel. Has anyone run into this with their GT? I thought they all were suppose to have this box.

Nope... the base GT had power door locks but not the remote keyless entry! I am in the same boat...I even bought the module for the trunk & a key fob before I found this out...wanna buy them? LOL...forget it, way too hard to change out the wiring harness clear into the doors to use them.

Best bet now is to get a quality alarm that has this feature..we are half way there!

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
302N20 said:

did you check here? behind the black mounting piece?

DSC00738smaller.jpg

DSC00739smaller.jpg

you'll be looking for this

DSC00740smaller.jpg

DSC00735smaller.jpg

302N20

Reaction score
your zoomed in so much I can't really tell where I'm looking but I think I get the idea seeming the fender seem in the one pics, and I have no black box at all in the 1/4, just a wire loom running to the back for the trunk pop and taillights

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
302N20 said:
your zoomed in so much I can't really tell where I'm looking but I think I get the idea seeming the fender seem in the one pics, and I have no black box at all in the 1/4, just a wire loom running to the back for the trunk pop and taillights

in here, although im doubting that you have it

DSC00736smaller.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.