return of the lovebugs

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Anyone else in the southeast dealing with this hell?

The daily driver is getting wrecked. Its going to need new paint and it's less than a year old. Balls. :(

Got it cleanish though. Its going to need a good polish still.

On the farm lol

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Lovebugs are unique to the southeast. Especially Florida. Their insides are comprised of paint destroying acids and, no shit, they are attracted to exhaust fumes, so they swam over roadways.

Magic

Reaction score
Maybe spray some quick detailer or wd 40 on the parts of the car they get splattered on the most. Easier to clean the splatter off. Or you could always plasti dip the car. LOL

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Lovebugs are unique to the southeast. Especially Florida. Their insides are comprised of paint destroying acids and, no shit, they are attracted to exhaust fumes, so they swam over roadways.

That sucks.... If we had those in ohio there would be no way of protecting our cars. I don't know if I'd rather have 6 months of salty roads or paint destroying bugs during the driving season. Best of luck with the paint repairs on the DD

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Dude! I hate love bugs, we get them bad here in MS and LA. I have heard that dryer wetting dryer sheets and wiping them on the bugs gets them off pretty easy. I don't think that would be friendly to paint though. I think we are just doomed.

OP
OP
V8RUMBL

V8RUMBL

Reaction score
Dude! I hate love bugs, we get them bad here in MS and LA. I have heard that dryer wetting dryer sheets and wiping them on the bugs gets them off pretty easy. I don't think that would be friendly to paint though. I think we are just doomed.
It does work but it isn't friendly to the paint. After i get this thing resprayed it'll get the 3m clear bra.

Also for those that don't know what they are, they smell horrible. Nothing eats them they are so disgusting.

I would cry if this was mine

Florida_Love_Bugs_May_2011_1.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Aaaand what ever you do DONT TURN ON THE WIPERS.
I was stationed in Fla and my Dad lives in Orlando so I've experienced "love bug season" Luckily thay don't come up to ATL.
For those that don't know, they're called "love bugs" because they fly around in pairs stuck together like a couple of dogs in heat.
lovebugs0529lc.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so glad my new job is only a couple miles down the road, so I don't end up going fast enough to kill them.

But yes, they are stupid, defenseless, useless bugs. At the boat plant they would fly into the resin and get trapped, thousands of them.

Luckily they don't bite or anything, so as annoying as they are, they could be worse haha

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
We get lucky and don't have them here.........but we get hammered with June bugs. Just started noticing them flying around within the last week or two. By mid-May they'll be everywhere. It gets to the point where you don't wanna stand under your carport with a light on at night from them swarming the light and dive-bombing you. They don't bite or anything either they're just annoying.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
O yea, we get those stupid things too. They get trapped in the garage bashing into my lights and such. I hate how much noise they make haha. At least love bugs are silently stupid

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good lord, that sucks. You guys in FL are nuts. You've got hurricanes, insane heat, and these lovebug bastards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.