Rev Hang OMFG this car!!!

Dub Jones

Reaction score
Ok this car is driving me nuts.

i did the IAC restrictor mod to eliminate rev hang... That ****ed up my idle forcing it to idle at 1500rpm

I removed the IAC restrictor got a new tune from my tuner to make my car idle lower than 1000rpms.

It now idles perfect at 750rpms and rev hangs like a *****. Ill come out of a gear and it will just sit at 2000rpms until i rev the car.

What on earth needs to be done? TPS replaced? IAC? I adjusted my TB idle screw which i didnt want to do so i might try to put that back where it was.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check out this website..
http://www.muscularmustangs.com/iac.php

There's about 5 different steps. Do them one by one in order and i'm willing to be one of them will fix you idle problem. "Hanging idle" entails it could be a couple of things, so start by knocking out the easy/free fixes.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97.5% of the time it's a vacuum leak. I like to smoke a cigar, and exhale the smoke into a vacuum line then watch for where the smoke comes out

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Ok this car is driving me nuts.

i did the IAC restrictor mod to eliminate rev hang... That ****ed up my idle forcing it to idle at 1500rpm

I removed the IAC restrictor got a new tune from my tuner to make my car idle lower than 1000rpms.

It now idles perfect at 750rpms and rev hangs like a *****. Ill come out of a gear and it will just sit at 2000rpms until i rev the car.

What on earth needs to be done? TPS replaced? IAC? I adjusted my TB idle screw which i didnt want to do so i might try to put that back where it was.

6v6en.jpg

When it hangs just tap it once? :shrug: Music.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you put in the restrictor plate, and then it went up to 1500 rpm? Then after it was removed it was still too high? Sounds like you have a leak in something somewhere since you put the plate in and now that its removed. You can't fix that with a tune or with the idle air adjustment. Double check all your vac lines.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the cigar method especially if its a Ashton VSG and I have a good 12 pack to go with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.