Review: Oracle LED Headlights (2200lms) - by Nathan

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I recently had a long thread about LED headlights and wondered if anyone tried them. I can only assume that DFG Magic tried them because he had a recent for sale thread on a different brand then mine. The reason why I wanted to try LED technology was because it was fairly new, and not many people run them, also my custom depo smoked creation was starting to deteriorate especially on the side marker lamps :sad:.LED tech have only been on the market for halogen conversions for very small time and they are constantly getting better so its worth a try. There have been many bulb redesigns from different manufacturers and I decided to pull the trigger on oracle LED headlight bulbs and drivers.

First off lets look at design...if you notice below these bulbs have a special concave architecture that sets them apart for the typical looking LED with a horizontal surface. This was main reason why I purchased these bulbs. I didn't want my headlights to turn into flood lights and start blinding every person in on coming traffic on the opposite side of the road. My second reason why I purchased this kit because they pull less amps from the electrical system maybe 2-4 amps fully powered up. This is significantly less than halogen.

oracle_premium_led_headlight_bulb_conversion_kits_hero.jpg

Test Drive:

When I first went for a drive with the LED's I was disappointed because I turned the lights to see how comparable they were to my 55w HID's I had in the past. Well, my disappointed turned into motivation. I inspected my headlights and noticed that they were aimed to the ground like fog lights :embarrassed:. I then reserved judgement because I wanted to see how well they performed with properly aimed headlights. I went to LMR and ordered the headlight align tool and got busy fixing them. Fast forward to now the headlights are now aligned and I had a clear night with them.

On the test drive the headlights performed well. They have great light distribution in terms of reflecting off objects such as signs and road markers. The headlights also offer close proximity reflection such has 20-50 feet up the road. What the LED headlights lack in is beam projection in far distances that halogen and certain HID/projector kits do. In terms of safety, the LED headlights win reflection off of signs. You really can't miss a turn or exit with these lights. They truly make the signs light up like Christmas. The high beams are not brighter because they have the same LED diode in the back so you are getting more light but the light out doesn't go up in intensity.

Lastly, city driving will wash out the lights if your city has powerful street lights. In a dark country road these lights will be fairly bright.

Conclusion:

Would I buy these again? Yes. I would buy these again because it gains points in safety and draws less from your electrical systems. These LED headlights are the middle ground between Halogen and HID. If I were to do it again, I would go up to 3,000lms because I have SVE smoked headlights so my results will differ from someone who is running crystal clears or some type of oem headlight. The kit I ordered from CJPonyParts is bit pricey so it loses points in that department. Overall, I give this product a 6.5/10.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I will try my best with my iphone 6s. I dont have a high powered camera...bare with me lol.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
A lot of people do! I feel like its up there a long with T1 spoiler, and export mirrors/tail lights haha. Ok back on topic with the lights...

07GtS197

Reaction score
Im still not sold on leds yet but its getting better all the time. My 02 gt had hids installed when I bought them (maybe 5000k or so) and I think they perform well, even compared to leds and stockers. Im running them in the stock housings, which is impressive and I have yet for someone to flash me or tell me my headlights blind them and they cast pretty far so I think its aimed normally. I like the idea of running leds but imo the technology still isnt there yet. Hids arent perfect but theyre the best headlights for our cars thus far.

On a side note, are you on ModdedMustangs?

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Kaenan still makes that hood don't they?

I believe so...I ordered mine 4 years ago. Best decision I made because everyone loves it.

Im still not sold on leds yet but its getting better all the time. My 02 gt had hids installed when I bought them (maybe 5000k or so) and I think they perform well, even compared to leds and stockers. Im running them in the stock housings, which is impressive and I have yet for someone to flash me or tell me my headlights blind them and they cast pretty far so I think its aimed normally. I like the idea of running leds but imo the technology still isnt there yet. Hids arent perfect but theyre the best headlights for our cars thus far.

On a side note, are you on ModdedMustangs?

HIDs are still top dog. I wanted to find a middle ground so that's why I tried these. Another plus about LED technology is there isn't any igniter time. Once you pull the switch the LED turns on instantly like halogen, they do not need any warm up time like HIDs. Secondly, like I mentioned before there is minimal amp draw on your electrical system so you can run a nice sound system with these lights. Lastly, LEDs run cool to the touch if you run them for a long time since they have a built in fan, your headlights would be warm to the touch. And to add icing the cake, they last 40,000hrs or about 10years.

Yep I'm on moddedmustangs too but I don't post there that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online