RICKERMAN

OP
OP
R

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
I'm happy to be part of a group that understands. The MUSTANG is the greatest MUSCLE CAR ever developed, continously updated and upgraded, and has always responded to, and surpassed it's rivals. Since 1964, with no pause or hiatus in it's continued production, development, and the PASSION this treasure always brings to, and is appreciated by, those of us lucky enough to have the experience of owning one. Which, should be on everybody's "bucket list" Long live the MUSTANG.
and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like you have the stock mach460 system in there. Do you have any issues with your battery dying?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was curious about the shelby signature. When/where did ya get that done? I saw him each year I went to barret jackson signing but the line was always WAY longer than I was willing to wait.

OP
OP
R

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
looks like you have the stock mach460 system in there. Do you have any issues with your battery dying?
Funny you should ask. I do have the mach460 and have had no problems with that. But, I had a malfunctioning security system removed and after that I have had to replace my battery almost every year. I don't know if there's any relationship with that and the music system, but, I seem to have a "parasitic leak" somewhere which nobody has been able to track down or fix. This kind of diagnostic work can be very expensive so I've just kind of learned to live with it.
If I disconnect and then reconnect the battery, or have to jump start it, the trunk immediately pops open. Then my turn signals will go a little whacky and flash rapidly as if I had a burnt out light. It always kind of "works through that" as I drive and then everything is fine. Beyond that It runs great. But as you asked, I do burn through batteries.

OP
OP
R

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
I was curious about the shelby signature. When/where did ya get that done? I saw him each year I went to barret jackson signing but the line was always WAY longer than I was willing to wait.
My dad was a personal friend of Carroll Shelby. I bought the car directly from Caroll Shelby via my Dad's connection. He signed it for me in Detroit and I drove it home. For real.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You need to get that signature authenticated!!! Along with your cool story about the car. Welcome along

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Funny you should ask. I do have the mach460 and have had no problems with that. But, I had a malfunctioning security system removed and after that I have had to replace my battery almost every year. I don't know if there's any relationship with that and the music system, but, I seem to have a "parasitic leak" somewhere which nobody has been able to track down or fix. This kind of diagnostic work can be very expensive so I've just kind of learned to live with it.
If I disconnect and then reconnect the battery, or have to jump start it, the trunk immediately pops open. Then my turn signals will go a little whacky and flash rapidly as if I had a burnt out light. It always kind of "works through that" as I drive and then everything is fine. Beyond that It runs great. But as you asked, I do burn through batteries.
While you say you don't have that problem in the very first sentence, it sounds like you have that problem if your replacing batteries yearly. Like I said the mach amps have been known for almost a decade now that after a while they create a parasitic draw on the battery and slowly kill them. The diagnostic price can be high at a shop but its not at all hard to do. All you need to do is hook up your multimeter as an amp meter, to do this you need to disconnect one side of the battery and put the meter in between the wire and battery. With the key off you should not show much, if any current draw but more than likely you would see .1 amps on your meter in your car. From there all you need to do is pull fuses one at a time and when you get to the circuit creating the draw when you pull its fuse you will see the current on the meter drop to almost nothing. At that point you will have it narrowed down to 2-3 things and you can then disconnect those things until you find the one bad piece.

OR if you want to test my mach amp theory, disconnect the amps next time your storing it for a little while and then see if the battery is still good a few days later.

OP
OP
R

RICKERMAN

Reaction score
While you say you don't have that problem in the very first sentence, it sounds like you have that problem if your replacing batteries yearly. Like I said the mach amps have been known for almost a decade now that after a while they create a parasitic draw on the battery and slowly kill them. The diagnostic price can be high at a shop but its not at all hard to do. All you need to do is hook up your multimeter as an amp meter, to do this you need to disconnect one side of the battery and put the meter in between the wire and battery. With the key off you should not show much, if any current draw but more than likely you would see .1 amps on your meter in your car. From there all you need to do is pull fuses one at a time and when you get to the circuit creating the draw when you pull its fuse you will see the current on the meter drop to almost nothing. At that point you will have it narrowed down to 2-3 things and you can then disconnect those things until you find the one bad piece.

OR if you want to test my mach amp theory, disconnect the amps next time your storing it for a little while and then see if the battery is still good a few days later.
I meant that I haven't had any problems with the mach360 stereo, but now, after hearing about your problem, maybe I do. I haven't thought about that possible connection. I'll dive into this further. Thanks!

SN95.oh

Reaction score
same here man, i waited in line for 2 hours in palm beach one year...only to be about 15 people away and he was done for the day

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online