Ride Of The Month (ROTM) Suggestions?

neverenuff

Reaction score
Agreed with FB, etc. But FB has been around for like 10 years now. We think they are just now pulling traffic from the forum? Now the Forum has a FB page, maybe *that's* pulling traffic from the forum - but that's okay, right? Because it's the forum's page, still the forum people. Advertising ROTM here on the forum vs over there on FB shouldn't matter, it's all part of our community. Now, if people STOP coming here because of FB, then that becomes a problem. I personally came here in the beginning for help, pics, articles, etc. And I still browse for those things. I don't spend too much time on here "hanging out" typically because I just don't have the extra time.

On membership - every car forum is going to have a whole shitload of accounts, but only a small percentage of them actively participating at a given time. Ours is no different. Honestly, what *really* hurts our membership number is that our forum is centered around a range of cars that are were made 11 to 21 years ago. The 94 Mustang is older than some people on this forum. There just cannot possibly be that many people with a SN95 Mustang that is also interested in being on a forum. And as the car continues to age, expect the number of members to go down. It must. The cars die out, people get tired of them, whatever, and they are no new SN95's coming on the market, thus no influx of new members. New members that come in are those that love the SN95 specifically, or happen to come in to one (like I did).

But that's all okay. It's a niche car, thus this is a niche forum. Membership will always be low. But regarding ROTM vs getting people to post, etc. it's kind of like the chicken or the egg. Do they stop posting because they are bored? Didn't find what they needed? Didn't like the scene? Do we do more "cool" things to encourage them to post? Will doing the cool things make them post? Or cannot we not do cool things until they post?

My suggestions are for the group of members that are here, participating - whether every 30 seconds or log in every couple of days - do what we think would be cool and fun. If others agree with it, they will post/join. If they don't agree with it, who cares? If the goal of this site is to bring in tons of members, well we will fail that. Because of our content. If the goal, however, is to attempt to keep the members we do have, keep them happy and entertained, then that is something I think we can do. If ROTM is a vehicle for that, then awesome. If it's something else and ROTM goes away, that's fine too. It should be based on what the members want.

[MENTION=17635]Orange 94[/MENTION] I'm sending you a PM
I apologize for being a new member and just reading this. Why not let the 05-10 guys in? There are a lot more of them if its a traffic issue.I know it's a sn95 forum but fox body cars on on here too. Just a thought

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Anyone can join, be active, show pic, builds, but the main theme here is 94-98 body style. We wont shun anyone

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Oh yea....thats right. Ok....recently one guy got shun mostly because he was a jerk that could type words.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Anyone can join, be active, show pic, builds, but the main theme here is 94-98 body style. We wont shun anyone

FYI the main theme is 94-04 mustangs. "Sn95" is fords code name for the 94-04 platform which is an upgraded fox platform.
The "new edge" term is just a name someone coined to seperate the 94-98 body from the 99-04. But they are all sn95's