right pi intake

samsonhusky

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the opr replacement pi intake w/ gasket set that is on american muscle. Is this basically the same as the ford performance pi intake just another brand and will it work with the npi heads like the ford racing one ? Plan on getting it for my 96. Thanks for the answer in advance.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/pi-intake-manifold-9904gt.html

PinkieT

Reaction score
The one at American Muscle looks like the Dorman aftermarket intake. https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-30036-615-178.aspx. My opinion is that it will work, but with a smaller plenum and different runners you would lose power vs. the FRPP piece. I have a nice FRPP PI intake I would sell you for $150 plus the ride, you would just have to drill and tap the hole in the coolant crossover for the sensor by the thermostat. You could probably use the thermostat and housing off your current intake. PM me if you want pics of my intake.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
To bad i can't just wheel a box of these frpp pi intakes here at my job. Pass them out as sn95forum gifts. I look at theses things every single day!

mikeetown89

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting the opr replacement pi intake w/ gasket set that is on american muscle. Is this basically the same as the ford performance pi intake just another brand and will it work with the npi heads like the ford racing one ? Plan on getting it for my 96. Thanks for the answer in advance.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/pi-intake-manifold-9904gt.html

I recently did the swap on a 96 Mustang.

Don’t go Dorman, it’s a waste of time and doesn’t work cause of thebgaskets. you can make it work but why would you. You are already making a modification to the FRPP one with a gasket maker. Just spend the money, the power difference was amazing. I notice it every day without a tune!

mikeetown89

Reaction score
The info I had.

Parts needed for mustang for swapping onto a non PI 1996 4.6 2V

Two O-ring Gaskets - Heater tub Nipple

Part # (Nappa)

Mahle 72014

Part # (ford)

391533S100

• Coolant Heater tube Nipple (twin O-ring) Part#: F75z8555aa (ford genuine off AM.com)
  • Can use a generic O-ring that are 49 cents each

Intake Manifold Gaskets

• What I got, MS 95728-2. This is plastic (it will work, just make sure it’s for a 99-04 mustang)
  • What I need MS 98007 T-1. Steel Heavy Duty!***

-Ford Air Intake Manifolds

non PI Dorman

615178 (junky)

- PI Dorman

615175 Does not improve HP

-Ford PI Made by FRP**

M9424P46 <— what you want

HVAC Heater Pipe MOTORCRAFT Part#: KT-21

fits 99-04 Ford Mustang 4.6L-V8

Get the coolant nipple from ford if you need it

• This part is the coolant crossover needed for under the new intake to make room between cylinder heads

For making heater temp hikes in crossover

3/8 Tap (NPT type)

37/64ths drill bit

NOTE:”“Took a bit to get it installed on my non PI heads, definitely make sure you have the 99-04 coolant fitting and pipe that runs under the manifold as well as a 37 64th drill bit and taps if your converting to a non- PI motor, as well as the 99-04 gaskets which you'll want to use a bit of RTV around the coolant ports, as you'll notice a difference between the gasket and the ports.””

Injector service video

Thermostat for car

188 - 33029

180 -

Fuel Injectors

F1ZE-C2A 86-95 mustang 19lbs/hr rating

laramik

Reaction score
The info I had.

Parts needed for mustang for swapping onto a non PI 1996 4.6 2V

Two O-ring Gaskets - Heater tub Nipple

Part # (Nappa)

Mahle 72014

Part # (ford)

391533S100

• Coolant Heater tube Nipple (twin O-ring) Part#: F75z8555aa (ford genuine off AM.com)
  • Can use a generic O-ring that are 49 cents each

Intake Manifold Gaskets

• What I got, MS 95728-2. This is plastic (it will work, just make sure it’s for a 99-04 mustang)
  • What I need MS 98007 T-1. Steel Heavy Duty!***

-Ford Air Intake Manifolds

non PI Dorman

615178 (junky)

- PI Dorman

615175 Does not improve HP

-Ford PI Made by FRP**

M9424P46 <— what you want

HVAC Heater Pipe MOTORCRAFT Part#: KT-21

fits 99-04 Ford Mustang 4.6L-V8

Get the coolant nipple from ford if you need it

• This part is the coolant crossover needed for under the new intake to make room between cylinder heads

For making heater temp hikes in crossover

3/8 Tap (NPT type)

37/64ths drill bit

NOTE:”“Took a bit to get it installed on my non PI heads, definitely make sure you have the 99-04 coolant fitting and pipe that runs under the manifold as well as a 37 64th drill bit and taps if your converting to a non- PI motor, as well as the 99-04 gaskets which you'll want to use a bit of RTV around the coolant ports, as you'll notice a difference between the gasket and the ports.””

Injector service video

Thermostat for car

188 - 33029

180 -

Fuel Injectors

F1ZE-C2A 86-95 mustang 19lbs/hr rating
I thought it was best to use the non PI gasket set in order to avoid vacuum leaks?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

laramik

Reaction score
The one at American Muscle looks like the Dorman aftermarket intake. https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-30036-615-178.aspx. My opinion is that it will work, but with a smaller plenum and different runners you would lose power vs. the FRPP piece. I have a nice FRPP PI intake I would sell you for $150 plus the ride, you would just have to drill and tap the hole in the coolant crossover for the sensor by the thermostat. You could probably use the thermostat and housing off your current intake. PM me if you want pics of my intake.
PM sent if OP isn't interested I'll take it.

mikeetown89

Reaction score
I thought it was best to use the non PI gasket set in order to avoid vacuum leaks?

I think the intake manifold gasket part #’s above might be non PI, my bad. But, you need to use PI gaskets. The plastic intake requires square gasket. I have no vaccine leaks either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online