OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
nah man you're not bugging you're cool.

the plastic door cup pops off. then the underside hast some phillips head screws that will let ya take the switch panel out. then you'll see where the vinyl starts.

Cool! Thanks a lot man, I think im going to go out in the shop and do this today. Im not working today, its Friday.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have the 3m spray adhesive and a heat gun here at my shop. I think I might do that today, sorry to bug you but how does that vinyl peel back? The quick look I did made it look like its under the plastic.

This is the beauty of this forum we like to be asked for help. None of us know it all, but between us, someone will have experienced a similar issue and be able to offer tips.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Aww, the beauty of the internet. I guess it's not possible to consider this forum a snapshot of the internet as a whole. I have found that the members of this forum are generally way more willing to help, and way less snobbish than the members of other forums (even other Mustang message boards).

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Aww, the beauty of the internet. I guess it's not possible to consider this forum a snapshot of the internet as a whole. I have found that the members of this forum are generally way more willing to help, and way less snobbish than the members of other forums (even other Mustang message boards).

THIS STATEMENT IS SO TRUE! I recently came on board and was really active on a different forum, although a good forum, it was completely different than this one. People here seem way more willing to help.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Don't think for a minute that I am just here to take information from people, I know a good bit when it comes to these cars so when it comes to be my turn I will provide my help

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

You would be correct. One of the reasons we have survived while other really good forums have crumbled (mod depot/mod powerhouse etc) is we always tried to keep it mellow. Some forums are tech nazzi's and if you ask the same question twice certain people have a melt down we don't allow that here and members like that wear out their welcome eventually and leave.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Ok so got a little update. The car sat last week to cure the paint, Now I am slowly putting the engine bay back together. I wanted to change up my suspension a little bit so I ordered a UPR k-member/coil over kit. DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE!!! Anyone that is wanting to buy one beware. The finish is nice, it looks pretty, but the fitment is crap. I am less than pleased with this and I will not buy another UPR suspension item because of it.

Notice the sleeve does not have notches in it to sit flush and keep it from spinning.

Getting ready to put it in

To make these A-arms go in, I had to beat them in with a dead blow hammer. I don't know about you guys, but when I pay close to $800 for something I expect it to fit properly.

On to my next issue with the kit, the front bolts fit horribly. The shoulder on the head of the bolt hits the welds up front, reference the pictures below.

Most of the suspension.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
That is just plain sh!tty about the fitment of that kit. Yes, it would be an easy fix to grind the welds so the bolts clear, and to notch the coilover sleeves, but you absolutely shouldn't have to deal with that.

Keep up the good work, though.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
That is just plain sh!tty about the fitment of that kit. Yes, it would be an easy fix to grind the welds so the bolts clear, and to notch the coilover sleeves, but you absolutely shouldn't have to deal with that.

Keep up the good work, though.

Totally agree, and thanks man. I did notch the sleeves so they fit correctly now. I am thinking about putting a flat side on the washer and getting a different bolt for it, maybe ARP has a k-member bolt kit? Ill get it worked out though.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Wow warrior...you really going at it! Thanks for all the tech documentation!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
eeehhh i wouldn't sweat that ya had to notch it...looks awesome! i keep going back & forth on getting coilovers every day lol. they just look cool haha. i'm an air ride guy but the actual air bag itself isn't much to look at :/

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
eeehhh i wouldn't sweat that ya had to notch it...looks awesome! i keep going back & forth on getting coilovers every day lol. they just look cool haha. i'm an air ride guy but the actual air bag itself isn't much to look at :/

I agree, coil overs do look pretty awesome and I think that's half the reason I got them.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Even if it's an easy fix to get new bolts, it is an easy fix that UPR should have done before releasing the kit to the public. I would expect more from a well-established company, such as them.

Keep it up though, man. I love seeing progress.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Even if it's an easy fix to get new bolts, it is an easy fix that UPR should have done before releasing the kit to the public. I would expect more from a well-established company, such as them.

I agree, it is easy to fix but like you said, I shouldn't have to modify anything.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

UPR is not exactly a reputable company in the Mustang community. They are known for making knockoffs from well established companies.

rtusnake

Reaction score
Thanks for the link man I didn't think about bolts like that. Do you think that head would hold up to the torque that you have put on them?

Oh yeah, they are just as strong. I would grind a flat on the washer like you said as well. The 12.9 grade metric bolts are strong and the zinc coating looks similar to dull chrome

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.