Rio Red 98 GT Build

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I believe alot of fitment problems with 2v headers on a 4.6l is the length of the tubes beginning at the flange, making the header sit far away from the engine instead of hugging it. Hugging the engine tightly due to no space between engine and fenders makes alot of sense!

As always, excellent work. You are truly innovative!

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Wow that is great news. Did you literally cut the header flange straight off both headers and just swap the collectors over? If thats the case that will save a lot of money during a swap. You think the steering linkage is going to clear the same?

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I believe alot of fitment problems with 2v headers on a 4.6l is the length of the tubes beginning at the flange, making the header sit far away from the engine instead of hugging it. Hugging the engine tightly due to no space between engine and fenders makes alot of sense!

As always, excellent work. You are truly innovative!

I totally believe you are right. Although, I changed the angle on the passenger header a little bit to keep it away from the transmission pan.

Wow that is great news. Did you literally cut the header flange straight off both headers and just swap the collectors over? If thats the case that will save a lot of money during a swap. You think the steering linkage is going to clear the same?

I cut the flange that bolts to the head off the 2v long tubes. Then held them in the car, right where I wanted them and had a buddy measure the distance from the tube to the head. The I went to the coyote hader and cut the flange that bolts to the head off of those with the different tube lengths that we measured, then married the two pieces.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
And the steering shaft clears just fine. I think its a little better than when the 2v was in there. Just in case anyone was wondering, these long tubes are the cheap ones from ebay.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Nice job man! Thats good info for people to know before dropping 700-800 bucks on coyote swap headers

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
So, since I ran the ARH headers I found out the transmission crossmember really gets in the way. I have been looking for a way around it. I called up a junkyard and had them cut out the crossmember mounts from a 99-04 car. The mount is totally different and basically goes straight across the bottom of the transmission.

I removed my old mounts
Untitled by William Luketich, on Flickr

Stifflers 99-04 crossmember

And, I painted the engine. Hoping to put it together between today and tomorrow then get it stabbed in the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I want to love that blue but living in Kentucky if they hear you say that they automatically think your a stupid cat fan!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
I want to love that blue but living in Kentucky if they hear you say that they automatically think your a stupid cat fan!!!! Lol

I dont know anything about being a cat fan lol. I just know that I love this color. Im kind of thinking about painting the coil covers white, so my bay will be red, white, and blue.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score

Im dead muddle of the dumb catmadness basketball pride. Amazing how these tards believe they are part of a team being the fans.

I believe patriotic color scheme would look dope! Maybe a big 'Merica decal wrapping the car? Any idea you purpose will still be sick!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Im dead muddle of the dumb catmadness basketball pride. Amazing how these tards believe they are part of a team being the fans.

I believe patriotic color scheme would look dope! Maybe a big 'Merica decal wrapping the car? Any idea you purpose will still be sick!

I wonder if i could paint the 5.0 cover into one big flag?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know anything about being a cat fan lol. I just know that I love this color. Im kind of thinking about painting the coil covers white, so my bay will be red, white, and blue.

That would be fawking awesome!!!!!!!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Are you one of those big blue nuts?!?! I mean, we know your nuts but I didnt know you went that way too!!!! Lol

RedTwilight

Reaction score
The rest of the engine is blue. So why not do the cover in red and white stripes? And then throw a couple of stars on the intake top.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online