Rio Red 98 GT Build

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Read the entire thread over the past week. Lol, yeah I have no life when it's this cold out.
First, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOUR CONTINUED SERVICE! I was home from the stan when you were on your way over. Glad you got back safe.

I've done quite a few coyote swaps and am xurrently working on installing a D1X procharger on a 98 I coyote swapped in 19. My personal race car/street car has an f150 6R80 that I got for 350 shipped to my door. We took it off the pallet and put it in my car, stock converter and all! We checked the fluid and the damn thing was full! That is winning, and you know how much the fluid is per quart for those. I chuckled when I saw your 60ft times as mine goes 1.7 as well, lol, but goes 9.30 at 155. Yes, it will go much faster, but didn't get out to the track but twice this year and haven't been able to confirm the issue I was having is fixed.
All coyotes have sprayed in cast iron linings. Iron rings on aluminum cylinder walls doesn't work, ask any vega owner. I honed mine .003" and I'd be nervous going .005 in all honesty. I put a set of Probe pistons in it and a set of 03 Cobra rods, stock crank, boundry gears and sprocket. And mine still has the truck intake cams.
Kudos on the lower jeep hose. I will use that on my next one.
So vermillion over white base?
Keep at it! Sorry for my ramblings. Lol

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Read the entire thread over the past week. Lol, yeah I have no life when it's this cold out.
First, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND YOUR CONTINUED SERVICE! I was home from the stan when you were on your way over. Glad you got back safe.

I've done quite a few coyote swaps and am xurrently working on installing a D1X procharger on a 98 I coyote swapped in 19. My personal race car/street car has an f150 6R80 that I got for 350 shipped to my door. We took it off the pallet and put it in my car, stock converter and all! We checked the fluid and the damn thing was full! That is winning, and you know how much the fluid is per quart for those. I chuckled when I saw your 60ft times as mine goes 1.7 as well, lol, but goes 9.30 at 155. Yes, it will go much faster, but didn't get out to the track but twice this year and haven't been able to confirm the issue I was having is fixed.
All coyotes have sprayed in cast iron linings. Iron rings on aluminum cylinder walls doesn't work, ask any vega owner. I honed mine .003" and I'd be nervous going .005 in all honesty. I put a set of Probe pistons in it and a set of 03 Cobra rods, stock crank, boundry gears and sprocket. And mine still has the truck intake cams.
Kudos on the lower jeep hose. I will use that on my next one.
So vermillion over white base?
Keep at it! Sorry for my ramblings. Lol
Man, thanks for reading along and enjoying the ride. And thank you for your service. When and where were you? I was there in 10-11 and 12-13.

Since I broke my engine, I did some learning. The gen 1&2 blocks have steel liners in them. The gen 3 and 5.2 coyote blocks do not have liners. They are plasma arc wire transfer coated. Back then, I was thinking all the blocks were this way.

Right now, this one is stock gen 2 rods and forged pistons. I’ve been heavily debating a procharger Kit on it after I finally get my auto built and installed.

And for the paint, I painted it in 2017 and somewhere in 2021 the clear coat was burned off. Asking around, the general consensus was the clear we used was no good. The same thing had happened to multiple cars. This time I am painting it all again, but it will be rip red/vermillion on the bottom and pure white on top. Going to do the center of the hood, sail panels, roof, and trunk lid in white.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
Man, thanks for reading along and enjoying the ride. And thank you for your service. When and where were you? I was there in 10-11 and 12-13.

Since I broke my engine, I did some learning. The gen 1&2 blocks have steel liners in them. The gen 3 and 5.2 coyote blocks do not have liners. They are plasma arc wire transfer coated. Back then, I was thinking all the blocks were this way.

Right now, this one is stock gen 2 rods and forged pistons. I’ve been heavily debating a procharger Kit on it after I finally get my auto built and installed.

And for the paint, I painted it in 2017 and somewhere in 2021 the clear coat was burned off. Asking around, the general consensus was the clear we used was no good. The same thing had happened to multiple cars. This time I am painting it all again, but it will be rip red/vermillion on the bottom and pure white on top. Going to do the center of the hood, sail panels, roof, and trunk lid in white.
The teksid blocks were the first to have the plasma spray liners. All coyotes have that same process, it's very, very thin tho compared to Teksid. (Did you know Teksid is owned by Fiat? Yep) I will verify with some Ford contacts I have and report back. There isn't a coyote block that can be oversized without the Darton sleeves. That's my next move as with 1k rwhp I'm knocking on the split cylinder door.
I was there supporting route clearance engineers from March of 09 to Oct 10. Daughter was 3 when I left and turned 5 when I got home. Had leave during it but 2 weeks isn't long enough. Got married during that time as well. Nothing like saying I do, I love you, bye!
Sucks about the paint. I'll be watching. I'm back to stay.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
The teksid blocks were the first to have the plasma spray liners. All coyotes have that same process, it's very, very thin tho compared to Teksid. (Did you know Teksid is owned by Fiat? Yep) I will verify with some Ford contacts I have and report back. There isn't a coyote block that can be oversized without the Darton sleeves. That's my next move as with 1k rwhp I'm knocking on the split cylinder door.
I was there supporting route clearance engineers from March of 09 to Oct 10. Daughter was 3 when I left and turned 5 when I got home. Had leave during it but 2 weeks isn't long enough. Got married during that time as well. Nothing like saying I do, I love you, bye!
Sucks about the paint. I'll be watching. I'm back to stay.
I was doing route clearance in 2010. I was at for gardez. Moved around to a couple others, Sharana, Solerno, Bagram, and so on. Our paths may have crossed at some point.

NXcoupe

Reaction score
I was doing route clearance in 2010. I was at for gardez. Moved around to a couple others, Sharana, Solerno, Bagram, and so on. Our paths may have crossed at some point.
They may have! I trained operators on Buffalo and HUSKY. I was in BAF, KAF, Sharana, FOB Ribinson, and a few others for short stints. I carried around a footlocker with bomb making parts so we could mock up IEDs for soldiers to find and expose using the equipment. I had a letter from EOD commander saying I wasn't a terrorist basically. Lol.
What part of Lousiana are you staying now?

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
They may have! I trained operators on Buffalo and HUSKY. I was in BAF, KAF, Sharana, FOB Ribinson, and a few others for short stints. I carried around a footlocker with bomb making parts so we could mock up IEDs for soldiers to find and expose using the equipment. I had a letter from EOD commander saying I wasn't a terrorist basically. Lol.
What part of Lousiana are you staying now?
I’m in Mississippi in the picayune area. Not to far from the Louisiana border. I work down in Slidell, La.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I didn't even know 98s came in Rio Red.

I guess you really do learn something everyday. I thought 96 and 98 were LR and and 97 was RR.
I can't believe I never knew that.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't even know 98s came in Rio Red.

I guess you really do learn something everyday. I thought 96 and 98 were LR and and 97 was RR.
I can't believe I never knew that.
I think only gt’s and v6’s were offered in rio in 98 . 97 cobras came rio red .