Rio Red 98 GT Build

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I tried to fire it up this passed Sunday. No go. My sensors were reading and the laptop hooked up, but it wouldn’t fire. Wouldn’t even try. Figured out it was PATS. So I turned it off in hptuners, apparently in the 11+ ecu’s hptuners cannot disable pats. So I had to pull the computer out and ship it off to get it unlocked. It’ll probably be next week sometime when I can try again.

Until then, I’m trying to button up more stuff to get it mobile. Last night I swapped the bmr front control arms for MM forward offset arms. IMG_4740.jpeg

Snorky

Reaction score
I tried to fire it up this passed Sunday. No go. My sensors were reading and the laptop hooked up, but it wouldn’t fire. Wouldn’t even try. Figured out it was PATS. So I turned it off in hptuners, apparently in the 11+ ecu’s hptuners cannot disable pats. So I had to pull the computer out and ship it off to get it unlocked. It’ll probably be next week sometime when I can try again.

Until then, I’m trying to button up more stuff to get it mobile. Last night I swapped the bmr front control arms for MM forward offset arms. View attachment 25501
How are the bushings/ball joints on those BMR arms? Looking forward to hearing the feedback on the swap.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
How are the bushings/ball joints on those BMR arms? Looking forward to hearing the feedback on the swap.
Bushings are good. Passenger ball joint is relatively new, the driver side is a little grindy but still tight. It might just need some grease. They are a few years old, we’re used for daily driving and numbers drag strip passes. I’m pretty sure they use a fox style ball joint.

Do you need these arms?

weendoggy

Reaction score

Until then, I’m trying to button up more stuff to get it mobile. Last night I swapped the bmr front control arms for MM forward offset arms. View attachment 25501
Delrin bushings? I hope so. ;)

Snorky

Reaction score
Bushings are good. Passenger ball joint is relatively new, the driver side is a little grindy but still tight. It might just need some grease. They are a few years old, we’re used for daily driving and numbers drag strip passes. I’m pretty sure they use a fox style ball joint.

Do you need these arms?
If I end up with a bmr K member I just might!

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Working on the seat some more. The s550 seats are entirely too high in the sn if you keep them on their stock power tracks. So I’ve stripped the fore/aft power track off, and welded the front height adjuster in the down position.

Then welded a cross bar in and that sits on the manual sn track.

The rear height adjuster is in place and will be used to set the angle of the seat. Once that’s dialed in, I’ll weld that all in and secure it to the manual track. They are slightly higher that the s197 seats that were in there, but they are good.

The barIMG_4743.jpeg

And you can see how it’s on the stock track IMG_4744.jpeg

joemomma

Reaction score
I had a hell of a time with my eBay seats. Lesson learned.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Send the computer out to Garrett Tuning in Ohio to get the PATS deleted. I shipped it Monday evening. He got it Wednesday morning, an hour after delivery I get an email saying it was on the way back to me. It delivered back to me today. So I threw it in and tried it!

This is the first start up in a year. Apparently all my wiring is working! Super exciting day.

Forgive the mess. It’s a year worth of crap in there.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Got the majority of the car buttoned up, at least buttoned up enough to move it. Last night, I drove it in the yard and loaded it on the trailer to bring it to work and build the exhaust. Hoping to drive it for real next week. It did go on and off the trailer under its own power though. IMG_4762.jpegIMG_4763.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online