Road rage fact

cameron57

Reaction score
Had deal with someone who had road rage today. Hes lucky he didnt get hurt and I drove away. Crazy guy was threaten me and my family. Anyways if id have known this id have just called the police. I know everyone get mad but this guy was way out of line and he was following me to start confrontation. Read i bet yall did know this.
http://www.plea.org/legal_resources/?a=303

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yah, but I think you have to be a little careful with that site; meaning this: usually for it to be harassment it has to be repeated. A stranger chasing you because of road rage is kind of on the fence. They would have to be repeatedly chasing after you, and you specifically, for like days and days. If it's kind of a passion in the moment thing, like road rage, then depending on what they do the cops will most likely give them a warning, and I doubt one could go after them legally. If they are talking about killing you and your family, again, kind of on the fence. I think they have to demonstrate actual intent along with the words, like if they came after you with a gun or knife or something. Otherwise, it's just words, and it could really go either way. If they are like "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I was just really worked up" the case would probably get thrown out. There has to be something compelling in order for it to turn into a case. Road rage is probably one of those gray area type things where it gets thrown out/not pursued the majority of the time. Now, if the guy continues to follow you and really feel unsafe, of course always call the police. Or drive to the police station if you are near it. Not sure anything will really happen to the other person though.

*Note: I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That article is 6 years old, but yes, a person can be charged with malicious harassment if that is a statute in your state. Now the chances of the charge holding up are very slim. If it's a first time encounter and likely to never happen again with this person, it's not worth the trouble of trying to press charges. Be careful out there.

OP
OP
cameron57

cameron57

Reaction score
I do think two things were funny about it. One he thought would be able to challenge my f250 like I couldnt just run him off the road and second common sense would tell you never to threaten a mans family. Ive had a really stressful week my wife just had a baby and our baby has been i nicu for the last week. So kind of like dumping fuel on a fire lol.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hear you, just make sure you aren't the one that ends up jail, if you know what I mean ;) You want to see some crazy people out there, surf YouTube for road rage vids. Jesus some of those people are literally nuts...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Saw one guy back his truck into another guys last night on a main avenue here.. Both got out and slugged it out in traffic.

1996GTKB

Reaction score
Ya I'm with the R.C.M.P in Canada. ( Feds in canada) anyways here that would not be harassment unless he were to do this repeatedly. But I would see no problem in charging for the uttering threats. I would see no problem with him being convicted in court either. If he threatened you he threatened you. That's all there is to it.

Let the police handle it tho, gets you in less trouble if he decides to go to the police after you guys... Settle it. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online