Rodent Problem

turion94

Reaction score
Ive been been dealing with this problem since last Saturday. I only drive my car 3 days a week and every time I fuel up I pop the hood and check my fluids and just look everything over. Last Saturday I opened the hood and noticed a rodent nest that was in process on my Intake manifold. I cleaned it off and did a couple GForce turns/acceleration on the way home. The next day I looked under the hood and the nest was back. I cleaned it again and drove to work. After work, looked under hood and nothing, the next couple nights of driving to work, nothing. First day off from work today so the car sat over night in my driveway and went out this morning to check under the hood and the bastard is back. Bought a couple mouse traps and just set them up. Please GOD don't let this thing destroy my car.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Any time. But honestly the best way to get a rodent is the old fashion wooden trap with peanut butter

lutter94

Reaction score
I think that MSD coil is going to cause more problems than mice in your engine bay. They have a pretty big failure rate. I've always had issues with mice off and on, but they've never chewed any wires on me, luckily....

Sinned83

Reaction score
Any time. But honestly the best way to get a rodent is the old fashion wooden trap with peanut butter

Im an exterminator and this is true. I'd put 2 of them about an inch apart. And maybe some on the sides. Any fecal or anything that you can see?

cameron57

Reaction score
I think that MSD coil is going to cause more problems than mice in your engine bay. They have a pretty big failure rate. I've always had issues with mice off and on, but they've never chewed any wires on me, luckily....
Thats weird never had a problem with anything msd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lutter94

Reaction score
Thats weird never had a problem with anything msd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Mine died and leaked transformer oil out. Ran like crap before it cracked open. Someone had similar symptoms to mine, told him to replace it, ran good as new. I think MSD is good for a lot, just not the 5.0 coils.....idk, glad yours works well.....

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Im an exterminator and this is true. I'd put 2 of them about an inch apart. And maybe some on the sides. Any fecal or anything that you can see?

There is poop and pee on top of my intake. I had cheese in the bait traps all day today and nothing. I changed it out for peanut butter and put one I top of my intake over the mouse droppings and one underneath my car by the front wheel. I bet they are more active at night time so I will see what happens tonight. Unfortunately I couldn't close my hood all the way and latch it because I need clearance for the trap to snap shut. I'll see in the morning if I catch anything.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score

Havnt had any issues with it so far. It was a gift from a friend so it didn't cost me anything.

Also what did you use to take care of the mice problem?

lutter94

Reaction score
Havnt had any issues with it so far. It was a gift from a friend so it didn't cost me anything.

Also what did you use to take care of the mice problem?

They got under my rear seat last winter :( I need to pull carpet and seal the interior better. I had some fragrance bomb in there, was working on brakes, and could smell it really well by the right rear wheel well, must be some easy pass thru there. i've seen stuff under the upper intake, just clean it out and go on with life.

For dad's airplanes, he puts metal flashing around the three wheels. They can't climb up it. Could rig something up yourself so they can't get to the wheels, i'm debating jackstands for the whole winter....could do flashing around the jackstands too, but you obiv want to be able to drive it every few days...

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Well both traps went off last night but didn't catch anything. I wonder if that means the rodent is bigger than the trap. I wonder if I should get rat poison?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's because you're using the wrong traps. Really the only trap that works are the super sensitive old fashion ones.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've had mice clean the old school traps off completely without setting em off. So next I got a package of the sticky traps and placed one on each side of the old school trap and got both mice that night.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
Was the mice still alive when you found them? I'd hate to make them suffer. I just try not to think about it.

Above118

Reaction score
Im an exterminator for Ecolab...old school snap traps,and glue boards will be your best bet in this situation. peanut butter or bananas are what always work for me as an attractive bait.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos, motherf***er!" - Pineapple Express

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter