Rofl don't have the correct screw driver

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well I ordered the front cobra emblem that goes into the grill, I was excited when I got it today only to see that it has some sort of special screw head. Now we have plenty of star-head screw-drivers, and thats what this looks like, except it has a little nob in the center of the screw head which wont allow the star head screw drivers to go in it. What rotten luck -_-

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know what your talking about :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: you have to get a bit that has the hole in the middle of it to allow it to fit the head, I have a few if your close by :)

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Wilmington NC
Thats a bit to far lol, I live in baltimore, maryland. I'm thinking I can prolly find some snap on tools that might have something that can get it off.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Snakebit said:
Wilmington NC
Thats a bit to far lol, I live in baltimore, maryland. I'm thinking I can prolly find some snap on tools that might have something that can get it off.

yea I can see your point :D

94gtstang50

Reaction score
cant you just use normal screws to mount it like the stock emblem?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
cant you just use normal screws to mount it like the stock emblem?

I dont think the stock emblem has what you would call a regular screw, I know my 99 cobra did not. When I put my cobra emblem on the front ( bumper area ) I had to take off the stock running pony and it had the star screw with the bump in the middle as did the new emblem with the new hardware for install. Im guessing his is the same :dunno:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i believe they are called security torx bits. I didnt know they put them anywhere else i know the maf has them.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i believe they are called security torx bits. I didnt know they put them anywhere else i know the maf has them.

yep same as in the mass air

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Weird, my snakey has the normal phillips headed screws.

hmmmm, wonder if yours have already been changed at one point in time :dunno:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
probably, the front bumper has been repainted at least twice.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
yea, I think my Gt has those torx safety tip screws in it, they are annoying.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
yea, I think my Gt has those torx safety tip screws in it, they are annoying.

:lol: :lol: back when I did the change on my emblem on the front of my Cobra........I got the emblems in from UPS and did not even come back in the house I went directly over to my car to put that bitch on............. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OH HELL its got torx screws in it :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: I was worried that I didnt have one and may have buy one just to swap emblems :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: It was funny you had to be there ::) It turned out OK anyway I had some of them.

ryclef331

Reaction score
sears sells them as well as most parts stores. Snakebit...I'm in jacksonville, nc. You ever run at coastal?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
sears sells them as well as most parts stores. Snakebit...I'm in jacksonville, nc. You ever run at coastal?

I get up there every now and then, the last time I was up was when my car was run on the dyno ( stock ) at Wayne's Dyno and Performance. I'm sure you have heard of it since you live in J-Ville. After I get my tune done I'm going to go across the street to Coastal and make a few passes to see how she runs.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I've known wayne for a couple years now. He tuned my 94. He's an AWESOME guy to work with. gimme a PM next time you head towards coastal. My house is about 4-5 miles.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I've known wayne for a couple years now. He tuned my 94. He's an AWESOME guy to work with. gimme a PM next time you head towards coastal. My house is about 4-5 miles.

:thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.