Rolling fenders

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah see I was not at the show to know how many other cars that were lower went up that same curb. I have no crystal ball but would still say that car was dropped to the point of stupidity.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think some of it has to do with tire size, as in not all 295's are the same width etc and also with manufacturing tolerances. My inner fender lip was pretty big on my driver side but not as protruding on the passenger side.

Most of my damage was done on the highway at speed and hitting bumps and ruts. I saw a huge slice of tire get shaved off in my side mirror and was like WTF?

My car is on Steeda Sport Superlites and while it is low, it is not crazy low like some others.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I think some of it has to do with tire size, as in not all 295's are the same width etc and also with manufacturing tolerances. My inner fender lip was pretty big on my driver side but not as protruding on the passenger side.

Most of my damage was done on the highway at speed and hitting bumps and ruts. I saw a huge slice of tire get shaved off in my side mirror and was like WTF?

My car is on Steeda Sport Superlites and while it is low, it is not crazy low like some others.

thats it im going to order the eastwood roller and do my fenders lol.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought if you dug around their site there was a way to basically rent one and then send it back when you were done.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I thought if you dug around their site there was a way to basically rent one and then send it back when you were done.
I will check it out. there unit is about 120.00 average online

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have you checked the classifieds in your area? You can get all 4 fenders rolled around here for $75. Its very simple.
As long as you think your car would need the fenders rolled, it wouldn't hurt to do it. I wouldn't wait til it's too late.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Me and a friend went in together and bought an Eastwood roller. When I put my 295/35's on the back I sliced em like crazy til I rolled my fenders. And that's on Sportlines with no ISO's. But they were used tires so it didn't bother me as bad as if it were your situation with having brand new tires.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
The drop I have is going to be key, until I load the rear and see how far the rearend goes with weight on it then its going to be mystery.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know I saw it as some point and I think it only saved ya $20-30 but $$$ is $$$. I was lucky enough to find a friend that loaned me his. Reminds me I need to get it back to him....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Watch ebay and their site for sales. I have seen it go under $100 a few times over last year.

Just checked it is $99 on ebay with free shipping.

chris91

Reaction score
I bought mine off eBay and it's exactly the same as the Eastwood one for $70. Eastwood doesn't make them either so it's more than likely from the same company, it just doesn't have the Eastwood logo on it. I've rented it out twice now and made more than what I paid for it back. :)

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Rent? Im next! If id known this before, we'd work something out.

What process do you do for renting it out?

chris91

Reaction score
I make the renter give me $100 and I rent them the roller, a heat gun and a infrared temp gauge. When you bring it back I give you $50 back. I allow the person to keep it for two days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online