Rolling fenders

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
When is it necessary to roll fenders? Right now I am currently getting ready to put on my 18x9 (25mm offset) / 18x10 (20MM offset) wheels on my car and is bit worried that I will slice up my new tires. They are 265/40ZR18 and 295/35ZR18 with 2 finger gap up front and 3 finger gap in the rear suspension wise. Do you think I am in the safe zone?

Nathan

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when the tire hits it. its hard to tell if it will or will not as different tire manf sizes can vary. Mount them up and see if it will is about the best advice I could give. Just did both front/back on mine.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
when the tire hits it. its hard to tell if it will or will not as different tire manf sizes can vary. Mount them up and see if it will is about the best advice I could give. Just did both front/back on mine.

They should be on the car this weekend. I am going to the shop installer tomorrow just to get the tires on the wheels. I have a good feeling that they will be just fine because my suspension is dropped, not slammed. I have feeling later down the line I will eventually roll my fenders.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
put some masking tape of the top of the fenders and go for a drive on a bumpy road. If there is any rubbing it should show on the tape while protecting your paint.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
put some masking tape of the top of the fenders and go for a drive on a bumpy road. If there is any rubbing it should show on the tape while protecting your paint.
That is a great idea! Thanks ttocs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
When your springs are wore out and need replacement. Step 1 replace springs. Step 2 don't worry about tire damage.

I disagree my springs are in no way worn out and I needed it. The springs are in great shape sitting in a box in my basement. :) Who uses those ancient things now anyways sheesh?!

lutter94

Reaction score
Lmao, gotta give some grief. Some wheel gap is attractive. What caused the trend of people hating it?? lol

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I like wheel gap, i just dont want to slice up my brand new rear tires. Those things werent cheap! Im going ask one of my family members to sit on the trunk to see how low it goes with the new fitment.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I have to agree that stock ride height is a little excessive. Our cars can use a little drop but its taken way beyond practical more times than not.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can see both sides of the coin as the way the sides of the roads were shaped in phoenix to allow for heavy run off in heavy rains I had to be careful at stock height at a couple of corners on right turns or the bottom would drag. There was no way in hell I was going to do it after the side exhaust was installed until I bit the bullet and bagged it. Now that I have got use to the look of it aired out when its static I see cars at stock height and think they are lifted but when I am moving I am sure I have enough space to be safe.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Honestly, I see a bagged car a whole different way. Oddly enough, they are really cool to be aired out and sat all the way down but then picked back up (to a practical height) and driven home without stressing about a crack in the pavement. I like things that look good, but I have to say that I am way more function than I am form.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its the best of both worlds imo. Saves things like this from happening and all the while riding in comfort.

[video=youtube;5Vo378mO9q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo378mO9q8[/video]

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My 295 Nitto Invo's got sliced and diced big time until I got out the baseball bat and sledge to roll the fender.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its the best of both worlds imo. Saves things like this from happening and all the while riding in comfort.

[video=youtube;5Vo378mO9q8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vo378mO9q8[/video]

That is not the result of being low and static. That is the result of being an asian girl driver and not knowing how to take a driveway.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That is not the result of being low and static. That is the result of being an asian girl driver and not knowing how to take a driveway.

But for the fact that if it were not lowered any Asian girl driver would have been able to clear that pebble sized bump with no problem. Saying it isn't because its been lowered well beyond the point of function that caused that and blaming a driver is funny. I mean don't get me wrong that driver is the one that lowered it so it is his/her fault but now we are almost on the chicken or the egg debate....

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just going off the fact that lower static cars made it up that driveway and she didn't. But don't mind me, I just came here to stir the pot.

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
My 295 Nitto Invo's got sliced and diced big time until I got out the baseball bat and sledge to roll the fender.
How low are you drop top? I dont know if im in safe zone yet. Picture for reference.
c0b3ca649ca0031ef804b40d0be48e34.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online