rolling/high idle

95PGTTech

Reaction score
Our Cobra lately after long periods of driving (45+ minutes) has a high/rolling idle. 1100-1500 fluctuating at times but generally stays at a set rpm. It will come and go every few minutes. It could also be described as "slow to return to idle." It happens in gear as well, the slow to return, almost like there is binding in the throttle cable and it is holding the throttle plates like 10% open all the time.

It happened once recently, so I checked for obvious vacuum leaks and found none. I cleaned the mass air flow and the filter, it has a recent tune up, and it has no codes. I ran my VIN through OASIS with every idle concern checked and there are no TSBs or SSMs on any idle concerns.

The car has a Pro Flow 83mm MAF on it with calibration "98cob24." Any possibility the aftermarket MAF (and unnecessary MAF at that) is causing the concern, or is it time for me to put a vacuum gauge on it, clean the IAC, and reset the TPS?

OP
OP

95PGTTech

Reaction score
haven't been able to find anything. we think it might be the BBK throttle body or the mass air sensor we have on the car. going to try a stiffer return spring and a new stock MAF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online