what year is your car?

96-98 are Romeo
99-00 are Windsor
01-04 are Romeo again

OP
OP

94 DropTop

Reaction score
i have a 97 and i am trying to buy pi heads but i dont know if i need romeo or windsor

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You need Romeo...but you can use Windor also if you get a set of Windsor valve covers and and timing cover bolts. I had Windsor heads on my Romeo block.

06mustang88

Reaction score
not meaning to steal the thread but......what's the differents between the two? i know they're made out of different material, but are romeo blocks better? is that why they switched back to them in 01?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
here's a quote from DropTopPony in a diff thread:

windsor and romeo heads and blocks are interchangable as long as you get the correct valve covers and timing cover bolts for whatever head you use.

windsor blocks are said to be slightly more stout...come with 8 bolt crank (not forged) and have a different main cap bolt system (something with the side screws) that adds a little strenth.

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
i have a set of windsor heads that i am putting on my 96 and what head bolts do i get?
also what timing cover bolts do i get?
What size are they.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Tornbetween2 said:
i have a set of windsor heads that i am putting on my 96 and what head bolts do i get?
What size are they.

The head bolts are the same for Windsor and Romeo heads,
for the timing cover go to the Ford Parts counter and tell them you need the bolts that go through the timing cover into the head...i think they were 10mm and the Romeos are 8mm...or even easier is to go to www.modulardepot.com and go to the Ford Parts forum run by Randy S...post a thread and tell him what you have and he will know exactly what you need and hook you up...thats where i get my misc nuts and bolts because he knows exactly what we need since he builds and races these engines in his 96GT and is the parts manager at liberty Ford in MAryland.

ripper

Reaction score
Tornbetween2 said:
What size are they.
Get ARP head bolts and use the ARP lubricant that comes with them to torgue them.

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
How many bolts are in the windsor cam covers and how many are in the romeo cam covers? Thanks

Tornbetween2

Reaction score
I was told the heads i have are off of a 2000 GT and they have 11 bolt holes in the head. i thought the 2000's were windsor?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online