Rookie Mistake, Embarrassing. Need suggestions

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Puttin my motor together after getting everything resurfaced and I decided to put some new studs in my lower intake to mount the upper with. So i used to nuts to tighten the studs down. Well on the last stud, I was taking off the nuts and got nervous for some reason thinking i was gonna drop it into the intake runner and low in behold, 5 seconds later i did. I can see down the runner and the valve is not even open, so the nut is gotta be sitting on top of it, but just out of sight. I tried a telescoping magnet but its not strong enough to really suck it towards the magnet. I'm gonna try another one tomorrow and also grab the drain plugs we use on our blowers because they are really strong. Just tape a drain plug to the telescoping magnet and try to get it. Any other suggestions though. Maybe some homemade vacuum attachment and suck it out.

Jeremy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The whole time I was reading your post I was thinking " shop vac" those damn things are very strong and I think it could pull it out of there, hell its worth trying anyway :)

OP
OP
D

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Problem solved. Got a stronger magnet and it sucked it right towards it. Just gotta fill er up with some trans fluid and shes ready to start. If it does, then I'll be changing the oil, adding the alternator braket and belt and take her for a drive.

Jeremy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter