Rotted Floor

AdamP

Reaction score
Hey all, has anyone had to fix rot holes in their floor? My driver side seat is coming through floor and I'm unable to find a pan for my 2004. I'm hearing the fox pans work but havent found anyone to confirm. The hole in my floor is pretty big and the only thing holding me seat up is the sub frame connector. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Werecow

Reaction score
From what I've been able to find out foxbody floor pans will fit, the only difference being the tranny tunnel is a lil bit different which can be trimmed to make fit. Seat braces fit the same, which some of the frame connector kits also have braces for the seats as a part of the kits.. hope this helps and maybe someone else who has use more experience with the frame connector kits out there might be able to shed some light on this???

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice! I found a mustang junkyard in my state and the guy actually had a whole floor pan out of a 2000 rocker panels and all for 150 bucks. All my structure was in good shape when I pulled the carpet so I was able to panel patch.

Attachments

• 20200428_103208.jpg
    20200428_103208.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200430_173056.jpg
    20200430_173056.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 15

Addicted

Reaction score
Dang bro, that really surprised me it's that bad. Do you live up north that sees alot of snow and salt trucks?

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Yea buddy I'm in Connecticut and they use the liquid salt. Its horrible.

Addicted

Reaction score
Yukkkk, I cant stand that stuff. Sorry to hear that man. We use salt here in KY, fortunately ive never had to drive it in salty conditions. Ive had different beaters to drive during that kind of weather. I bought an s10 for winter 1 year, and this past year I bought my mother taurus, she bought a new ford. You planning on keeping the car for a long time? If so, I would definitely replace. I have a spare car that I'm junking, I don't know if the floor of it is bad or not, I will have to check.

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
It's horrible. The previous owner must have drove it in the winter. I keep it garaged now. Luckily I found a good floor at junkyard.

joe65

Reaction score
This question came up before, and its amazing to me that someone isn't making pans for the sn95s. Wonder why? Not cost effective, and just buy a new car??

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Yea I searched everywhere. The pan I bought had the rockers still attached and what a nightmare getting apart with all the bracing. 3 straight hours with plasma cutter. The rear pan was easy between the supports the front pan where your feet go is a pain because theres a brace running down the middle. Had to grind the spot welds out and peel the old floor. From pan should be welded in today will share pics when done!

Werecow

Reaction score
This question came up before, and its amazing to me that someone isn't making pans for the sn95s. Wonder why? Not cost effective, and just buy a new car??

I've looked into this a lot as the one I have now has some floorpan issues, but I'm not really adept or physically able enuff to swap out the pans on it. Everywhere that I've looked into it the answer I've found was that the foxbody pans are similar enough to the sn-95 pans not to warrant producing pans specifically for the sn-95. The only differences are in the tunnel which can be trimmed out when installing the new pans. This is just what I've been told, I've never done it myself or had it done, so until we can hear from someone here who's done it it's just hearsay till proven true..

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Exactly. I highly reccomend Connecticut Mustang LLC for parts like that. That place was amazing. He had a floor that was perfect rockers and all for 150 bucks. He pulled a car in his shop and let me strip all the parts I needed.

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
It was so bad. Welding in the last of the front pan now. Slow at work pull the car in and do some welding !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online