Rough Idle And Loosing Coolant?

Sketch

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I'm new to this forum but ive come across a problem i dont know how to fix.
a month ago (when i got my mustang) I had the error code p0303, cylinder three misfire. i replaced my plugs and wires however on spark plug three there was coolant on the threading. Its been a month now and i got the code again, and its a rough idle once more. I checked for water in the oil and the oil is free of it, there is no smoke out of the tail pipes and i dont smell any weird smells nor is there a big lack in power. when i pull the plug its got reddish brown burn on the right side on the white piece and redish brown grit on the threads. Any idea whats causing this? ive owned the car 3 months and its loosing coolant but nothing leaks on the drive way. but its not a huge amount of coolant just enough to notice over three months. i have pictures but do not know how to post them :/ (1996 v6 coupe 180,000miles)
any help is appreciated!

OP
OP
S

Sketch

Reaction score
Thats what i thought at first but when i took it to a buddy of mine he had said their is a coolant hose hovering over cylinder three that is causing it because the hoses are mushy could that cause it?

OP
OP
S

Sketch

Reaction score
ive took a closer look cylinders 3-1 all have the redish brown residue and under spark plug one to the right there is a silver bracket in which looks like coolant is/has been leaking and burning im going to do a compression test

Jimzstang

Reaction score
Just a thought, but maybe the intake gaskets are taking a crap.
I'm not a mechanic, but with the GMs I've worked on, that's usually the case. Just an idea, something to look into maybe :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online