Roush Bumper idea

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, this will probably go over like a wet fart in church, but I'm curious to the varying opinions.

What do you guys think of the Roush bumper for my Cobra instead of the factory OEM bumper?

England has not been good to my OEM Cobra bumper and I'm looking to respray the car and replace some body pieces when I return to the states. Also, I think it's more aggressive and I like how it's closer to the road surface, because I was to run a splitter and full under tray on the car. I will have to extend the side skirts to match as well.

239cba4cb8067579d908b554f7fb94c9.jpg

95d034d6a9bc128ec04ad9e69e0bfb18.jpg

Here it is photoshopped onto my car as well:

0ed0a58235b3bf655266bbe43b15b088.jpg

Reaction score
Personally I love the roush stage 3 and dont really like the terminator bumper all that much. The only place I believe a terminator bumper belongs is on a terminator and that's maybe half the time. If I had a termie I would try to get a 99 01 bumper and in the event I couldn't find one I would go with the roush which is my plan if I come across a bab new edge gt

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I really like the Roush bumper cover. But you will need to do something to the side skirts to make it look right.

But then again there is something to be said for a Cobra bumper on a Cobra! LOL

Though my vote is still the Roush. It would also seem that is your vote as well. If it is what you want then go for it!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you do the Roush front then the side exhaust is a must IMO. Like peanut butter and jelly.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I do like the Roush bumper a lot for the new edge, however I'm afraid nobody will believe it's a real termi after that.

Does that matter? Lol hey thats the beauty of it, its yours, make it "yours" you wanna run stacks out the trunk?....hey if you like it go for it..
Just curious im not on the up and up with ford colors but what is BAB

Mack

Reaction score
Does that matter? Lol hey thats the beauty of it, its yours, make it "yours" you wanna run stacks out the trunk?....hey if you like it go for it..
Just curious im not on the up and up with ford colors but what is BAB

Of course you are right, it's your car so you can do whatever you feel is good. However I would get tired of having to explain people it really IS a terminator.

BAB = Bright Atlantic Blue (98-00)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you had a boring colour termi I'd say change it up. Since its a screaming yellow I'd say keep the body stock... In yellow I like the termi bumper better.

Reaction score
Of course you are right, it's your car so you can do whatever you feel is good. However I would get tired of having to explain people it really IS a terminator.

BAB = Bright Atlantic Blue (98-00)

I would just have a grin on my face every time someone claimed it wasn't and wanted to race

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it stands: people ask me if it's real terminator because there is a pony in the grill. L. O. L.

I would make some custom sideskirts that would lower them to match the Roush bumper. I even toyed with the idea of doing a side exhaust as well. Maybe I could have them fabbed from carbon fiber, then paint all but a section around the exhaust tip, similar to the new Viper.

94ea540805ee001de91ca8506f9ec3a6.jpg

Also, I should note the reason I'm thinking of this. During shipping the bumper got cracked at the very bottom center portion. So, it's been repaired and the British painter didn't do a great job. Then, the other day, while trying to get the car on a lift, the wood transition piece broke and ripped the bumper off its mount. So, I will be looking for a new bumper in a year or two.

8ed06085d38c52003c9bda07275b4f1b.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Thats some good scetching! Any talents you dont have?...lol

I like the direction youre taking this. Love it!

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I love the stage 3 front but IMO I think it looks better when all painted 1 color without the black parts along the bottom

Justang

Reaction score
I love the stage 3 front but IMO I think it looks better when all painted 1 color without the black parts along the bottom

It reminds me of what Dodge did to protect the splitters on the new Challengers. There's a guy near my office who drives around with them on and it's repulsive.

2015_Challenger_Hellcat_air_dam_protectors_01.jpg

But at the same time, if you did the side exhaust like the Viper...maybe it wouldn't be so bad with the accents.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Why not just use the Roush side skirts...? That way they will match the front fascia exactly...Stage 3 Motorsports . AM & others still have the Roush pieces last time I looked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online