Roush Replacement Tools - Pliers

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I bought a tool kit off eBay about a year ago. It was incorrectly listed for a 99-04 model, but clearly was designed for a 94-98, as the instructions came with a picture of one, and I did not have to do any modifications to fit my 94. Anyway, it came with practically everything but the coin and pliers. I would really love to replace it with a similar red one. The needle nose it came with does not say roush on it. Seems as though only the wrenches do. Anyway, I think they are all supposed to be MAC tools, but I don't know the part number or where to find a MAC distributer. There currently are pliers for a 2014 Roush on eBay, but I don't know if it would fit, plus, $38 for pliers?! I checked various hardware stores with a template. Nothing of any color fits.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Post some pics and we might be able to see what tools they are. I used to be a Snapon dealer and there are plenty of techs on here that might recognize what you need. If you can't find the Mac truck, your only option would be eBay or the actual website (full retail prices). I hate to say it but $38 for tool truck brand plyers sounds pretty cheap compared to some of the sets I used to sell.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Post some pics and we might be able to see what tools they are. I used to be a Snapon dealer and there are plenty of techs on here that might recognize what you need. If you can't find the Mac truck, your only option would be eBay or the actual website (full retail prices). I hate to say it but $38 for tool truck brand plyers sounds pretty cheap compared to some of the sets I used to sell.

Mac is made by Stanley, which is cheap.

All those in car tool kits are usually cheap quality stuff. BMW/Benz/Lexus

No car company is using Snapon tools in those trunk kits, lol

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score

Post some pics and we might be able to see what tools they are.

6J9zkGf.jpg

9YyP66M.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
The pliers in the pic shows the part number! MAC M317G. I found some pliers, but not one with the hooked handles yet.

Scratch that, you're missing the channel locks, not the needle nose lol. I thought this was a google pic for reference. I'll keep searching.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Mac is made by Stanley, which is cheap.

All those in car tool kits are usually cheap quality stuff. BMW/Benz/Lexus

No car company is using Snapon tools in those trunk kits, lol

Yeah I guess if they used Snapon, people would need to take out a second car loan for those lol. The Mac set looks pretty nice though, good warranty still.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Yeah I guess if they used Snapon, people would need to take out a second car loan for those lol. The Mac set looks pretty nice though, good warranty still.

What tends to happen mostly is people sell/trade in the car, and "accidentally" forget to put back the tools/kit. Happened to every BMW I've come across, and that's actually how I ended up with this kit. Guy sold the car, kept it laying in the trunk of his new car, and it ended up getting oil spilled on it, since trunk contents tend to shift. I'm assuming that is why the gloves are missing.

I don't know if it was the heat or what, but this kit is warped, exposing the sides. In fact, at one point I had to drill in a screw, because the two pieces would separate during travel as the pegs were no longer long enough for the hinge. And every couple of months, I have to tighten the screws a lot. And combined effort between my own stubbornness and the grace of god is the only way the roush emblem will stay on. I don't know if its due to some residual oil (unseen and I cleaned with windex) or the warpage (not a flat surface) but the roush logo would keep falling off. I don't remember what finally worked. I just know that I tried everything.

Nighttrain

Reaction score

You aint kidding, i shouldve kept my box and tools when i quit wrenching.....but $50k is $50k

Reaction score
You aint kidding, i shouldve kept my box and tools when i quit wrenching.....but $50k is $50k

What line of work did you move into?

Nowadays there are good alternatives to truck brands that are still better than HF and Sears. Gearwrench is one of the leaders in my opinion in the mid level brands. Sunex as well.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
When I was little, I remember my father parking the car to pick up random tools he found along the roads. ...I thought it was silly because it's probably dangerous, and he had plenty of tools already. But I guess now I understand.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
What line of work did you move into?

Nowadays there are good alternatives to truck brands that are still better than HF and Sears. Gearwrench is one of the leaders in my opinion in the mid level brands. Sunex as well.

Im still basically a mechanic. Im whats called a millwright. I work at a steel mill. I sold the tools and bought a tractor trailer, started my own company. Lost that at the start of the recession so.....
Got back into wrenching. Just on much bigger stuff lol.

Reaction score
Im still basically a mechanic. Im whats called a millwright. I work at a steel mill. I sold the tools and bought a tractor trailer, started my own company. Lost that at the start of the recession so.....
Got back into wrenching. Just on much bigger stuff lol.

Sounds like a better approach. If you get yourself into a fleet or government job, you can do real nice wrenching. Getting porked by the dealer in flat rate and having to deal with stupid and cheap customers when you got $50K of tools to pay for sounds like an agonizing existence.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Sounds like a better approach. If you get yourself into a fleet or government job, you can do real nice wrenching. Getting porked by the dealer in flat rate and having to deal with stupid and cheap customers when you got $50K of tools to pay for sounds like an agonizing existence.

Looking back it really wasnt that bad....i just hated fixing stupid crap! Warranty work is what gets you, most people now adays just trade in if something major happens. I did motors and trannys, along with stupid electrical problems. Doing a motor under warranty isnt fun at all. Most of the time chrysler would want it back so digging in to a major rebuild hardly ever happened. Cant really blame them, if you had a motor go under warranty they wanted an engineer to look at it. Trannys though, did plenty of rebuilds on them, and most werent under warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online