RPM CHECK

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I think that i may have screwed up my tach needle when i put my new gauges in. I think that the rpm's may be a little off. Does anyone know what it would take to check the rpm's another way??

Nacho

Reaction score
You should've written down your rpms and mph so you could have something to go off. Since you didn't a tach would be the next most precise thing, if not more precise.

ryclef331

Reaction score
If you don't wanna buy a tach just to check it and you like tools....especially one that you will use the FUCK out of on an SN95 in the future, go to SEARS and buy a digital voltmeter. I got one for like $58. It has a setting to read RPM's by using the car's tach signal.

SO, you'll be able to set your tach back right AND in the future, you can set your TPS voltage, AND pull codes by tricking the system (any haynes manual shows you how). Not to mention everything else they're good for.

THAT would be my route....rather than buy a tach I didn't want in the first place.

OP
OP
B

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
Thats a good idea, I never thought of hooking a volt meter up to it. Where is the best place to get to the rpm signal wire??

ryclef331

Reaction score
BALZY_GT said:
Thats a good idea, I never thought of hooking a volt meter up to it. Where is the best place to get to the rpm signal wire??

Tan wire with a green stripe on it. It will be on the same connector going to the coil. Thats where I get my signal. The green may have faded off but its the only tan one.

MAKE SURE if you do the voltmeter...it has an RPM check setting. You can't just click it over to volts and expect it to read....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online