RPM troubles?

CasperGT

Reaction score
1995 Mustang GT Convertible Automatic w/95k miles

I been having some issues with my rpm and my acceleration. Like when I will drive the car I would step on the gas and the the mph would go up, but then the mph would be constant and then the rpm would go up. Then 5 seconds later the car would accelerate.

Basically if I am driving 20mph and I want to go to 35mph the car would stop accelerating at 30mph then the rpms would just keep going up.

Also! I had my tranny rebuilt in July too... So that shouldn't be the problem

Could be a number of things. When I had an acceleration problem, it would feel like i lost like 40hp and the car couldn't move out of its own way. Also popped thru the exhaust a lot, running lean i guess.. Turns out it was a leaking o ring on an injector.. I replaced the cap and rotor, IAC and ignition coil on mine. car seemed a little smoother but didn't do much for acceleration. Make a thread in the 5.0 section with the exact issues your having and someone will help you figure it out. I don't know much about why it wouldn't accelerate the way it should.

and a thank you to the5.ohh :wave:

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
If the RPM's are climbing but the engine isn't accelerating then it sounds like your clutch is slipping.

OP
OP
C

CasperGT

Reaction score
If the RPM's are climbing but the engine isn't accelerating then it sounds like your clutch is slipping.

dang... but shouldn't they have fixed that when they did the rebuilt?
also can you send me a link for a new clutch for an AODE if that's cool

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
well lookie there. I reread the first post and now see you have an auto. oops.
Looks like you need to take it back to the tranny shop and have them look at it again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online