RPMs hang/rev between shifts

seantesarski

Reaction score
95 Mustang gt. So when driving, push in the clutch to shift, the rpms go up about 400-500 and hang there for a while until changing gears. Even stopped, giving the engine a rev will make the rpms hang...

Took off the IAC and cleaned it, cleaned the maf.

Ideas?

Thank you

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
on some throttle bodes, such as the stocker, there is a screw adjustment on the top that does this. Not the idle adjustment, its on the top of the tb.... If you have one try turning it clockwise a couple of turns.

GT3FC

Reaction score
I would say the IAC gasket...making a smaller one did the trick on my 02' dont know if its the same for your car

Addermk2

Reaction score
95 Mustang gt. So when driving, push in the clutch to shift, the rpms go up about 400-500 and hang there for a while until changing gears. Even stopped, giving the engine a rev will make the rpms hang...

Took off the IAC and cleaned it, cleaned the maf.

Ideas?

Thank you

A few hundred rpm's is normal. If it was hanging at 1400 or higher until you came to a stop... then you should suspect a vac leak.

If you ever get tuned, your tuner can disable the "special idle cells" and it wont happen anymore

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OP
OP
seantesarski

seantesarski

Reaction score
A few hundred rpm's is normal. If it was hanging at 1400 or higher until you came to a stop... then you should suspect a vac leak.

If you ever get tuned, your tuner can disable the "special idle cells" and it wont happen anymore

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Yeah it will get tuned i just wanted to clear up any issues before putting it on the dyno and have to fix it while paying "dyno fees"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online