RTV or 90 Dollar Intake Adapter?

ck5.0

Reaction score
For 85 bucks I am getting them I will order them ASAP

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You don't need the adapter plates and there are no dyno sheets to prove a gain in hp with them. Those tests that were posted on Stangnet if they are even legit are supposedly done 7 years ago when people were rigging the PI Intake runners with RTV to shape them to fit the NPI head and thats not how it is done now....simply using a PI intake gasket and 2 small dabs of RTV on the coolant ports is all that is needed. Getting back to those tests/charts on Stangnet...i bet they were convienently made up recently as there were no people produving adapter plates 7-8 years ago for that swap...don't you think they would have been selling them?

ck5.0

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
You don't need the adapter plates and there are no dyno sheets to prove a gain in hp with them. Those tests that were posted on Stangnet if they are even legit are supposedly done 7 years ago when people were rigging the PI Intake runners with RTV to shape them to fit the NPI head and thats not how it is done now....simply using a PI intake gasket and 2 small dabs of RTV on the coolant ports is all that is needed. Getting back to those tests/charts on Stangnet...i bet they were convienently made up recently as there were no people produving adapter plates 7-8 years ago for that swap...don't you think they would have been selling them?

That makes sense. DropTop you have never steered me wrong.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
DropTopPony said:

That makes sense. DropTop you have never steered me wrong.

DropTop will never steer you wrong, He is a very knowlegeable guy.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i called the guy out on Stangnet too...
seriously if someone made a set of NPI to PI intake adapter plates several years ago and supposedly flow tested and dyno tested and had proof they gained 22hp and had flow charts to back it up WHY WEREN'T THEY SELLING THEM? Thats why i call BS on the info.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
i called the guy out on Stangnet too...
seriously if someone made a set of NPI to PI intake adapter plates several years ago and supposedly flow tested and dyno tested and had proof they gained 22hp and had flow charts to back it up WHY WEREN'T THEY SELLING THEM? Thats why i call BS on the info.
Yep,I think that info is bogus too.
I belive that their is NO gains to be had by going with the adapter plates
other than being no chance of a coolant leak.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha the guy sent me a PM on Stangnet, i think i hurt his feelings :dunno:

Well i posted the PM in the thread :)

You all should go get my back... :hammer:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:

I got your back Droptop. O0
I think that he made up those graphs on his computer.
LaserRed01GT= :aresehole:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
DropTopPony said:

I got your back Droptop. O0
I think that he made up those graphs on his computer.
LaserRed01GT= :aresehole:

I think so also, if you follow any of his posts he claims to be this "in the know" head flow guru and expert with years of experience but when he joined Stangnet a few months ago one of the first threads he made was inquiring about P&P'd PI head flow #'s and where to buy them at :rollinglaugh: but in the months after that he has claimed to know several 4.6 guys in his area running 2V's NA over 350rwhp with streetable applications and have years of hands on experience...My guess is he works in a shop with someone who actually does have experience and that is who is posting the fairly in depth technical replies that only seem to be posted by Laserred during business hours...his night and weekend posts usually don't contain any in depth information. I promised Mike-SVTTECH i wouldn't throw any gas on the fire but that doesn't mean someone else couldn't easily click on his username and then click on find threads started by Laserred and then copy and paste his "what flow #'s thread" and ask why someone with all this supposed knowledge and flow equipment would be asking a NOOBish question like that for? :)

S

scarface

I dont run the spacers and I see no need to...
here are my reasonings. I havent ever seen a leak on mine, I have run up to 17 psi on mine, and I am around 400 whp.

I can see maybe 3 RWHP or something, just because the airflow gets smoothed out, but I dont know that it is worth the money IMHO.
justinschmidt1 said:
yea...your right...I need to get some npi gaskets now....im gonna get the adapter plates for like 90 bucks from hps
I have a set of NPi gaskets here. brand new...I will let them go EXTREMELY cheap :)

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So the Stangnet thread has taken a twist :)
The member who posted the what i think were bogus flow and dyno sheets has been banned after i called him out again and proved he was a fraud :rollinglaugh:
The moderator on SN pm'd me and said damn he had me fooled until he took my leed and looked at his past posts and noticed he went from noob to know it all in a week....haha i hate internet know it all frauds!
They did remove my post where i posted the PM he sent me and where i replied i will gladly drive down for a vacation at my house in the same town you live in and come visit you at your house >:D but they deleted it...

S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
So the Stangnet thread has taken a twist :)
The member who posted the what i think were bogus flow and dyno sheets has been banned after i called him out again and proved he was a fraud :rollinglaugh:
The moderator on SN pm'd me and said damn he had me fooled until he took my leed and looked at his past posts and noticed he went from noob to know it all in a week....haha i hate internet know it all frauds!
They did remove my post where i posted the PM he sent me and where i replied i will gladly drive down for a vacation at my house in the same town you live in and come visit you at your house >:D but they deleted it...
Bob...you E-thug...lol :)

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah..I bought the plates becuase I got them for 90 bucks....I dont think Ill be gaining 15 more hp or w.e that guy said though..probably be the same as with the rtv..haha

S

scarface

if you want the non pi gaskets I have you can get them cheap!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
yeah..I bought the plates becuase I got them for 90 bucks....I dont think Ill be gaining 15 more hp or w.e that guy said though..probably be the same as with the rtv..haha

The plates are not a bad thing and at that price are a good deal and will give you piece of mind...i've just had issues with that guy because i smelled a fraud but let him talk his trash until he entered my arena which is NPI 4.6's that i have studied and modded for 10+ years so he challenged me and i answered :dancing6:

ALITL8

Reaction score
what f'n plates and where??? i'd buy the plates just to make the install easier!!! will the factory intake clear the hood and strut tower brace using these plates ya'll are bragging about?

ALITL8

Reaction score
you might shouldve asked!!! i talked with the guys over at Livernois about purchasing their adapter plates without buying their PI intake (i already have one). they told me that they modified their PI intake to work with their plates and that the plates with a factory intake would not clean the hood!

edit:// just talked to Bob at HPS and he said there shouldnt be any clearance prob. it only raises it about 3/16". on the NPI side of the plate there is already a rubber type gasket, on the PI side you use a PI intake gasket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online