RTV or 90 Dollar Intake Adapter?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Should I buy the adapter plates?..will I actually get more hp and have a better range with the adapter plates?

98vortech

Reaction score
wow...go with the plates do you think that puttind a glue like substance anywhere near the intake would be a good idea??
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=685643
click the link and see for yourself..i would defanitly do the adapter plates if you think about throwing power down...good luck. dont forget the link..!

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..thats my thread..I saw that stuff..j/w if anyone actually has the plates and any info to prove how good they work?

98vortech

Reaction score
dude just think about how many small leaks their will be in like a week or so after the swap wich would make it run like a camaro..go with the plates man and you will pat yourself in the back later because you will not have to do an over haul or do it all over again the right way..with the plates.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea...your right...I need to get some npi gaskets now....im gonna get the adapter plates for like 90 bucks from hps

98vortech

Reaction score
good choice if you were ckose i would do it free of charge but i live in missouri.lol do the plates and its ease to do the swap ill help ya if you want over the net. just lemme know..or get a hanes manual good step by step procedures in their.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually just ordered them from Bob at HPS...it comes with gasket material on the npi side already..he also said something about putting silicone there too?...anyone used this kit yet?..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
when did thye start producing adapter plates for 90...thats sound pretty good.

and as for the Vortech guy that says RTV is bad, you know some companies use RTV from the factory to make gaskets, you can look in Sean Hylands book and he recommends using RTV for some spots when putting a motor together...and its just a small dab on the coolant passage anyway.

96gt226410

Reaction score
I don't need the adapter plates to do a full PI swap, right?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
96gt226410 said:
I don't need the adapter plates to do a full PI swap, right?

no...with a PI swap, you basically getting a PI motor with different pistons.

Whistler98

Reaction score
The RTV is for the coolant ports to line up. If you use pi gaskets on npi heads with pi intake you need the rtv to seal the coolant ports, that is what would leak. I have a blower on mine used rtv before the blower and it has never leaked! I did mine before there were any gaskets though but rtv works. I would think it would flow better with the spacers as long as they are of good quality.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well...Im sure they will flow better ..the guy at stangnet did dynotesting and had 21 more hp between 2500-4000 and 13 peak horsepower over the regular rtv one.

gt96stang

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Well...Im sure they will flow better ..the guy at stangnet did dynotesting and had 21 more hp between 2500-4000 and 13 peak horsepower over the regular rtv one.

hmm. guess I might have to look into getting these since they could have a power increase.. and of course and easier install..

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..that guy did dynotest it...so its definately gonna give you a gain all accross the powerband..for 90 bucks its pretty much a must.

ALITL8

Reaction score
how bout a link to these adapter plates guys?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I don't see why everyone thinks that you need adpater plates to
install a PI intake when PI intake gaskets and some black RTV will
make it work just as good plus you will save some money at the same
time too.

gt96stang

Reaction score
But, if it adds some HP to the mix, it'll be worth it..I wasn't planning on originally using the intake adapters, then I saw that they can give some HP, so I am going to have to order some now.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

im gonna think that is adapter plates + PI intake vs. NPI intake...there is no way that with these adapter plates you will pick up that much more power, because then there would be basically no need for the aftermarket intake manifolds that produce similar gains over the PI intake.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah