Running problems

chrajohns0

Reaction score
when i stant my car in the morning.... it being in the 20's and lower...... it starts no prob but then revs real high and the cel blinks 3 times and blinks that only once. it will idle high, seems high to me being at 2300 to 2500 rpm, for about 2 to 3 min. then it will go down and almost die. picks up and stays around 1100 rpm. when i take off it hesitates. but when it gets warm... seems to be ok. what you guys think? no mods on the car that i know of. everything is stock.

wiplash

Reaction score
Sounds like your engine needs a good cleaning. MAF, TB, IAC, etc... Your whole top end needs a cleaning, especially if you just bought the car recently (which is what it sounds like). Carbon build up was doing that to me, now it idles like a champ.

purplehaze

Reaction score
i have that exact problem with my car only its not 20 degrees its more like 50!i let it warm up for a while then get ready to take off and hesitates real bad like its gonna turn off, then starts running fine, and whats up with the light, it goes on and off randomly!!confused!!!

ryclef331

Reaction score
You car is going into diagnostic mode for one reason or another. The reving up of the car is the ECU checking to see if the timing advance tables are working correctly. The light blinking is it trying to spit out codes and such. My car did this for a bit. After my engine rebuild though, it never came back. I'd look at EVERY SINGLE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION on the car. If your EGR is unplugged and NOT turned off or "tricked" via the plunger assembly, this could be the cause. Near the passenger side strut tower, there is a plug with a cap on it. Check to make sure its clean and not gunked up. That is where you can jumper out a few terminals to pull codes yourself with out a scan tool.

I assure that is what your car is doing. Now you just have to figure out why. I wish I could tell you what exactly fixed mine but ever since my stroker install, it hasn't done it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online