Running too rich.

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I need some help, since I've swaped out my H-pipe my computer is not getting the right air/fuel ratio from the O2"s and its been smoking when I take off from a light , Its just a cloud of smoke and then its fine, it just does it after sitting at idle for a min. or 2 and it smells real rich. I've tried unplugging the postive batt. terminal to reset the computer and it works for a while (about a day) and then it starts again. Am i doin something wrong? I even put mil eliminaters on the rear sensors. Well thanks for any advice. ???

OP
OP
S

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
Yep, It's a mac O/R H-pipe. It all started when I put on a Pro chamber and then I just swapped it for a H-pipe.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmmm, to be honest when I had off road pipes on ALL MY MUSTANGS, they always did the small amount of smoking too.........and put off the rich smell. However you said you can do the battery trip and it stops for a day and then starts again ???.........Hmmmm

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Don't have the smoke but the smell is definitely there.....o/r h

monkeydude3

Reaction score
what color smoke bro?

Mine does the same thing but with a cloud of blue, indicating the valve guide seals are beyond shot.

If yours is black it's the fuel.

281powered

Reaction score
mine did the same thing with my x pipe alittle while after i installed it, found out it was the passengers side o2 senser wasn't reading right so i replaced it and never had a problem again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online