Runs perfect into operating temp?

tp88

Reaction score
When I first start my car it runs perfect. And as soon as it gets to operating temp or warmed up, it hesitates on light acceleration and surges when i put it into gear. Someone told me its the oxygen sensors.. is that true?

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
it's possible, but instead of playing the guessing game. Take it to a shop and see if its throwing any codes.

OP
OP
T

tp88

Reaction score
Would they charge me if i take it there? How much would it be?

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
My shop around here doesn't charge me, if they do I couldnt see it being more then 25-50 bucks.

Downshift

Reaction score
Dude dont go spend money at a shop just to pull codes its free. Im assuming you have obd1 so go to the top of the 94-95 forum and go read how to do it.

OP
OP
T

tp88

Reaction score
well the problem only happens when my car is warmed up all the way. What could cause it to only happen when warmed to operating temp. I dont have time to do all that little test stuff. Can i just test my o2's with a volt meter to just check in see if they are working properly?

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Im telling you if you want this fixed quickly, take it to a shop and let them see if your computer is throwing any codes. Playing the guessing game rarely turns out in your favor.

ryclef331

Reaction score
try replacing the engine coolant temp sensor on the passenger side. You're car is fucking up in closed loop mode...when it starts to read from the sensors. So it is a sensor somewhere. Try the coolant sensor first...its cheap. It could be the O2's also but I'd

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
I was having the exact same problem with my car when i first purchased it, so i took it to my brothers shop and he pulled the codes and if i remember right they were really inconclusive.(left cylinder bank running lean; open fuel pump circuit;left bank running rich;) his thoughts were that my O2's were shot from not having cats on the car but all we did was spray out the maf and iac with carb cleaner and now she has been runnin like a top so :dunno:. i would agree take it to a shop most places won't charge u just to pull codes

OP
OP
T

tp88

Reaction score
oh ok thanks man! Im going to try cleaning that stuff tommorrow and then I while take it to get codes pulled.

OP
OP
T

tp88

Reaction score
i just noticed if i cut off my a/c my problem goes away. What could that mean?

ryclef331

Reaction score
tp88 said:
i just noticed if i cut off my a/c my problem goes away. What could that mean?

thats a new one....

Try reseting your computer (disconnect BOTH cables and touch them together). Start the car, let it idle up to operating temp. Shut it off. turn on ALL accessories (highbeams, radio turned up, a/c fullblast, etc) and start the car again. Let it idle like that for about 2 mins. Then drive it....varying your driving style the whole time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online