S-281 Wing fitment

SonicStang

Reaction score
I just received my S-281 wing. Do I need to drill new holes for it? ???

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
I searched, and I found out I need to drill new holes. It's an original Saleen Wing, made from urethane. The wing looks kinda out of shape though, means it is too flat, is there a way to heat it up and bend it a little?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes ive heard lots of had to do some bending on them, or putting weights on it to get it in its right form. i have read prob 25 times that people use 2 screws then just doublesided tape.

Suspect

Reaction score
not to be an ass, but thats why i didnt buy the saleen one. drill new holes, only 2 bolts, tape, and its outta shape screw that id send it back. (yea i know the cobra trunk holes are different) :rant:

anyways hope it works out.

snoball

Reaction score
Well since its a saleen one, isnt it four bolt? If im thinking correctly. Dont use the two and the tape. Eventually the tape will heat up on a hot day, or moisture will get on it and itll pop up a little. It really sucks and traps dirt under it. Im about to take my two bolt boss wing off because i hate the pos. I want a four bolt saleen one cuz they stay nice and flat and ive never seen them pop up in places.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snoball said:
Well since its a saleen one, isnt it four bolt? If im thinking correctly. Dont use the two and the tape. Eventually the tape will heat up on a hot day, or moisture will get on it and itll pop up a little. It really sucks and traps dirt under it. Im about to take my two bolt boss wing off because i hate the pos. I want a four bolt saleen one cuz they stay nice and flat and ive never seen them pop up in places.

no, saleen = shitty two holed tape using POS wing....aftermarket is much better....

but to fix the problem with it not fitting, you should lay it on the car outside in the sun and put some weight on it to let it conform to the trunklid.

OP
OP
S

SonicStang

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
ive heard the best 'saleen' wing is from ABC exclusive.
Yes I read that theirs are made from fiberglass. Maybe I order one there if it doesn't work out with this one.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know mine is not like you guys, but mine went on pretty well and the quality was very good. :boink:

redripper

Reaction score
I have a Saleen S351 wing on my car uses all four holes. My friend put a 289 wing on his car and went through the same deal. He used the two holes and tape and has held fine for over a year. Just when you open the trunk dont use the wing as something to hold onto. I think you will be fine. Just my .02.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
redripper said:
My friend put a 289 wing on his car and went through the same deal.

I don't like the 289 wings, they don't fit well. Kinda like nothing is there at all... :rant:

Reaction score
I ordered one of these wings from Stage3Motorsports on 12/21 and still haven't received it. I asked about the bolts and they assured me it had 4 mounting posts. Anyway, they emailed me and said it would be shipped direct from Saleen this Friday.
I've heard a lot of negatives about this item from Saleen (fitment, paint prep, sticky tape). I refuse to use tape, so I'm hoping it has 4 mounts as they told me on email. The tape will deteriorate after awhile and I don't want to have to remove, clean, and replace.
Any $$ to be had from selling the stock wing? Think I can get ~$40 on Ebay for it?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Pacific Green said:
I ordered one of these wings from Stage3Motorsports on 12/21 and still haven't received it. I asked about the bolts and they assured me it had 4 mounting posts. Anyway, they emailed me and said it would be shipped direct from Saleen this Friday.
I've heard a lot of negatives about this item from Saleen (fitment, paint prep, sticky tape). I refuse to use tape, so I'm hoping it has 4 mounts as they told me on email. The tape will deteriorate after awhile and I don't want to have to remove, clean, and replace.
Any $$ to be had from selling the stock wing? Think I can get ~$40 on Ebay for it?

If you can id cancle and get one from abc exclusive

Nater

Reaction score
He doesn't need to paint the wing. It is already black.

KzooMuscle

Reaction score
Have any of you heard of Haney Motorsport? I guess they are an offical Saleen parts dealer and are selling the 281 at a pretty good price of 179.95.

ABC exclusive has 2 281 spoilers, one in "hand made" Polyurethane and the other is a "OEM" wing. Which is better? Or are they both good quality?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online