#'s are in for the vortech

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
sorry guys i can't post the dvd b/c my computer isn't dvd capable...but i got my car back and absolutely love it...they did a great job. And nothing was wrong with the car, nothing with the MAF...he told my dad that it wasn't even necessary to get the bigger MAF, but i told him my future plans so i would have needed to gotten it sooner or later...Next up PI Intake and Paxton A/A!!

ROB 98GT

Reaction score
Good for you!! ;D I noticed the post you made on this board and another one and that's the route I want to go. You have longtubes don't you?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Do all tuners blame it on the maf. Just wondering because vortech, procharger, etc. Dont have a maf problem. I would look for another tuner. I was told the same thing and that my fuel pump was not enough. But in the end to was spark blowout.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
decent number man,congrats!

What kind of Maf do you have? What your tuner said sounds a little fishy......most 90mm won't peg under 500whp :dunno: Was it a SCT tune? Maybe his scalers were off.....or he's tryin to get you to buy a new meter.lol

that's ^ what i thought! :dunno:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Did you see what i said...he said it WAS NOT my maf, he said i probably dont even need the 90mm with the power im pushing out right now. This shop is the best mustang shop ive been to.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
Did you see what i said...he said it WAS NOT my maf, he said i probably dont even need the 90mm with the power im pushing out right now. This shop is the best mustang shop ive been to.

Sorry I did misread

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
lol it was confusing....but yeah the car is running great. The maf is nowhere close to being pegged, and now i need more power :naughty:

kennyz

Reaction score
Very nice numbers man :naughty: i am going to get my 98 dyno tuned here in May by rick i will let you know what i hit. A guy on MD has been talking to me and he said he hit 340 hp with almost the same setup as mine but he didnt have an intercooler i am hoping for 350 rwhp here is my mod list

Procharger Supercharger 11psi
3 core aluminum Race intercooler
WMS power pipe
90MM LIGHTNING MAF
Detroit Speedworks pi intake swap
SCT Xcalibrator 2 (tuned by Amazon) DynoJet Wideband Commander
42LB Injectors
Snow performance Methanol kit
Mac Catback True fit
Mac O/R X-pipe
BBK 75MM throttle body
Trickflow upper intake Plenum

kennyz

Reaction score
oo i just saw that your car is an auto those are really good numbers :drunk:

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
Just got a call from the shop who did my Mongoose kit SQ trim install....Keep in mind my car is a 1997 Mustang GT, AUTO, stock non pi heads/cams/intake...all i have is full bolt ons. My dad told me all of this so when I pick the car up tomorrow I will personally talk to the guy who did the tuning...but the car made 315rwhp, 365tq....he said something about my 90mm maf is pegged too so he could get me more hp but thats stopping him or something due to the 4inch boost pipe, I also think im only making around 8lbs of boost....well all in all im very pleased with the numbers. My next steps are a Paxton A/A intercooler, PI Intake Manifold, and a Mini Race bpv!!

What do you mean by all bolt ons?(tb and exhaust)

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yeah the 315rwhp and 365tq is through an auto so i am very pleased...you should have no problem hitting your goals of 350rwhp with that setup...cuz i am going to be doing the pi intake swap on mine soon and the guy said i should see around 335-340rwhp...plus you have an intercooler and manual...no problem!! good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.