S281 Spoiler

Whtstang98

Reaction score
So I ordered this spoiler like a month ago and it finally shows up and I'm just wondering about the mounting system here. There is only 2 bolt holes but it came with 6 allen head screws, nothing else. I'm asking if there is something I'm missing so I can verbally assault someone. :)

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I have heard you just use the 2 holes (your stock lid has 4) then use 3M doublesided tape to do the rest!
Thats what ive read.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get it prepped and painted before install. I tried the 2 bolt and tape method but that didn't last long. Once the temperatures got hot and the car was in the sun the damn 3M tape melted so the wing became loose in the rear. I took the wing off and when i put it back on i will drill through the trunk with some stubby self tapping screws and anchor that bitch permanantly. I don't know why they stopped using the 4 bolt in locations that earlier S281's had...Maybe thats why i would probably never buy a Saleen.

Tony Montana

Reaction score
When the 281 wing first came out it was a 4 bolt design, and then saleen for some reason went to 2 bolt.

I had the 281 on my cobra, i used the 2 bolts and 3m 2 sided tape it was fine like this for a year, id much rather prefer bolts though.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know the design of mine is nothing like you guys but I will tell you that the prep work is crucial to a good install. Saleen does a crappy job on the finish work on the products they send out, when I got mine I was not impressed with the quality of the wing. But with good prep and a LOT of ass kicking work it went on and looks great. The wing only had 2 holes in it and 4 more had to be drilled for a secure mount. Also we did not use tape for the bottom that mounts to the deck lid, the shop used a body glue that makes a permanent bond so I never have to worry about a problem like drop top had with the heat making the tape come loose. It was a pretty big job but well worth the effort. :banana: :banana: :banana:

OP
OP
W

Whtstang98

Reaction score
Okay thanks for the input guys, I was wondering how 2 bolts and some tape would hold it. Seems like there is some good ideas that I'll run by who ever installs it. And yeah the spoiler will need some finishing the edges arent in that great of shape. :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online